The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, (CSIR) one of the largest publicly funded R&D organizations in the world is seeking a PR agency. It has a network of 38 laboratories and their field centers spread across the country. Its range of activities covers the entire spectrum of industrial R&D making it a truly global R&D resource with its partners hailing from over 50 countries.
SCOPE OF WORK/ENGAGEMENT
1) Long-Term Strategy
– Selected Agency will be required to furnish a long-term integrated strategy within the first 60 days of coming on board for both Public Relations Outreach and Digital Public Relations Outreach.
– The long-term communication strategy will have to be redeveloped once a year and must be aimed: To increase the visibility and top of mind recall of CSIR and its constituents among its various stakeholders vis-à-vis industry, academia, counterparts in other ministries, Government & Public at large by way of an integrated strategy channelizing all CSIR labs’ communication and employee participation to common objectives and enhance brand CSIR.
2) Media Activities & Media
– To maintain rapport with the press, electronic, digital Management and any other emerging media to ensure coverage of CSIR as a whole
– To disseminate information on national basis or locally in various media i.e. print, electronic and digital
– Assist in managing one to one relationships of the management with all identified media professionals relevant to CSIR
– To come out with thought-leadership articles written by CSIR members in various media – Traditional & Digital Media.
– Assess and inform need and suggest Media for Advertising whenever required to support PR efforts of CSIR
– To provide and maintain an updated list of media professionals important to CSIR
– To plan and execute at least 2 mass campaigns in a year
– To conceptualize and execute specialized campaign with stakeholder focus
3) Media Monitoring & Crisis
– To track traditional and digital publications and submit reports periodically using latest monitoring tools like Radin6/Meltwaters/Brandwatch or equivalent with dedicated dashboard and user ID for CSIR, along with suggestions
– To prepare and submit a report on a daily basis covering news related to CSIR
– To handle and bring to the notice of CSIR any coverage that is detrimental to the interest of CSIR
– Prepare a proactive crisis communication and chalk out the key message,
– communication plan and effective implementation of the plan for desired result
4) Internal Communication
– Assist CSIR in identifying internal communication objectives
– Create and manage a dedicated portal with engagement for employees supported by a clear and effective mechanism for sharing of data by CSIR employees
5) Media Training
– To provide media training programs to one key personnel per quarter.
– To devise methods for better media communications.
– To conduct management sensitization session on digital media at least twice in 6 months.
6) Event Management
– To help organize press conferences, launches, seminars, Business meets etc
7) Digital PR Plan
– Agency to provide a comprehensive digital PR plan within 60 days of coming on board with a proper strategy and scope of work to be executed within the cost and terms and conditions of the agreement
8) Deputing professional staff
– Agency to provide two PR professionals full-time at CSIR for ensuring effective communication between the agency and CSIR and timely delivery of services
Proposal due on June 16 2016 to:
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
Anusandhan Bhavan, 2
Rafi Marg, New Delhi-110001