SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING SERVICES RFP ISSUED
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FROM INDIVIDUALS OR FIRMS INTERESTED IN PROVIDING SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING SERVICES TO THE CITY OF UNION CITY FOR THE PERIOD
JULY 1, 2022 THROUGH JUNE 30, 2023
Pursuant to the Fair and Open Process described under N.J.S.A. 19:44A-1, et seq., the City seeks Requests for Proposal (“RFP”) for Social Media Marketing Services to the City of Union City for a contract period from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023 to be set forth in the resolution awarding the contract to the successful submitting firm.
The successful candidate will provide the City with services related, but not necessarily limited to:
1. Develop content on the City’s social media accounts to provide public information as specified and approved by the City;
2. Conduct a social media audit to benchmark the City’s existing status in social media and provide clear guidelines for developing successful social media engagement strategies;
3. Maintaining, updating and expanding the City’s social media accounts upon request of the City;
4. Provide recommendations for day-to-day community management, including required resources, initial program and asset setup, and maintenance.
5. Content creation, posting strategy for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
6. Ability to incorporate information into the City’s social media accounts in the Spanish language and create accounts with bilingual components by an individual fluent in the Spanish language and not by using any auto translation tools;
7. Performance of any other related tasks as directed by the City.
8. The vendor shall provide monthly billing statements that include a brief statement showing the original amount of the Contract, any increases established by amendment to the Contract, the amount previously billed under the Contract, and the total amount of unbilled funds remaining available under the Contract, and the total amount of unbilled funds remaining available under the Contract after deduction of the most recent amount billed. A copy of each billing statement shall be made available to the State Fiscal Oversight Officer upon request.
Professional Information and Qualifications
Copies of these standardized submission requirements and selection criteria are on file and available from the Office of the City Clerk. Each interested candidate shall submit the following information:
1. Name of firm or individual;
2. Address of principal place of business and all other offices and corresponding telephone and fax numbers. Please note specifically which account developer/ maintainer will be assigned to work with the City and address your ability to service the City when needed on an expedited basis;
3. Description of candidate’s education, experience, qualifications, number of years with the firm and a description of their experience with projects similar to those described above involving urban municipalities similar to the City;
4. Experience related to social media account management of urban municipalities similar to the City;
5. Experience related to design and implementation of bilingual account components;
6. At least four (4) references, three (3) of which must have knowledge of your service to public entities;
7. The candidate’s ability to provide the services in a timely fashion (including staffing, familiarity and location of key staff);
8. Cost details, including the hourly rates of each of the individuals who will perform the services and the time estimates for each individual, all expenses, and a total cost of “not to exceed” amount;
9. Provide quotes for maintaining the City’s present social media accounts including the bilingual components;
10. Your proposal should be quoted at a flat rate per month and alternatively at an hourly rate to maintain the City’s social media accounts;
11. Any other information which the interested firm deems relevant;
12. Statement of ownership disclosure (c.52:25-24.2) (form provided);
13. Disclosure of Investment Activities in Iran Form (c. 52:32-55, et seq.) (prior to award of contract but preferably with the proposal. Form provided);
14. Business Registration Certificate (prior to the award of contract but preferably with the proposal); and
15. Statement, see attached, executed by a corporate officer, member, partner or sole proprietor certifying that there are no prior or pending ethics complaints against them or their company.
The selection criteria used in awarding a contract or agreement for professional services as described herein shall include:
1. Qualifications of the individuals who will perform the tasks and the degree of their respective participation;
2. Experience and references;
3. Ability to perform the task in a timely fashion, including staffing and familiarity with the subject matter;
4. Cost competitiveness; and
5. Compliance with the City’s terms of payment in accordance with the Local Public Contracts law and other laws of the City.
Sealed RFPs will be publicly opened by the Union City Clerk in her offices at Union City Hall, 3715 Palisade Avenue, Union City, at 3:15 p.m. on June 29, 2022. Sealed proposals must be received no later than 3:15 p.m. on June 29, 2022 by:
Hilda I. Rosario, Acting City Clerk
City of Union City
3715 Palisade Avenue
Union City, New Jersey 07087
PLEASE SUBMIT ONE (1) ORIGINAL AND TWO (2) COPIES OF THE RESPONSE TO THE RFP. USE WHITE 8 ½” X 11” PAPER.