The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA) is seeking a full service public relations company for a one year contract. SORTA, is the public transport agency serving Cincinnati and its Ohio suburbs. The agency provides Metro transit bus services, and other services – and is believed to provide services to more than 50,000 people daily. Ridership has been in rapid decline – with poor service reported, and service cuts as well as fare increases.
The RFP is due by September 4, 2015 and more information is available via email to email@example.com. The scope is to include strategic public relations includes planning, research and consultation related to SORTA’s efforts to explore an expanded role in providing regional public transit services. It is estimated that this work will average about 50 hours per month.
As defined by the RFP, The consultant services required by SORTA include, but are not limited to:
- Developing the strategic public relations plan and counseling SORTA on specific actions that need to occur to accomplish SORTA’s initiatives.
- Identifying key messages for SORTA to maximize support for its initiatives and working closely with SORTA’s External Affairs staff to communicate these messages effectively.
- Maximizing the use of social media to support strategic objectives.
- Creating reports, collateral materials, audio-visual presentations, social media campaigns, and other vehicles to support SORTA’s objectives.
- Identifying and monitoring attitudes of special interest and community groups, and developing strategies to address specific interests and concerns identified.
- Recommending appropriate research methods, conducting the research, and analyzing the results to track public opinion on issues related to regional transit development and to measure the effectiveness of SORTA’s efforts.
- Assisting with SORTA’s State of Metro annual meeting or other public relations initiatives, as needed.