This Request for Proposals (RFP) issued by the LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY (herein referred to as the LOAF or State) is for the purpose of obtaining competitive proposals from qualified professionals who are interested in providing consulting services to administer the LOUISIANA AGRICULTURAL FINANCE AUTHORITY (herein referred to as the LAFA), CERTIFIED LOUISIANA
PROGRAM (herein referred to as the Program) advertising, promotion, and public relations program. The selected Proposer shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop an advertising, promotion and public relations program strategy;
- Design and production of creative materials that assist in the implementation of the program approved by the LAFA;
- Media research, planning and buying, media contacts, trafficking of creative materials, invoice auditing, and servicing the account, principally targeted to the print media; and
- Development and coordination of a promotion and public relations program as may be appropriate and approved by the LAFA, including print materials and promotional items.
LAFA is a state agency within the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry. LAFA has the power and authority to establish, administer, and supervise programs to promote the purchase of Louisiana agricultural products pursuant to Louisiana Revised Statute (La. R. 5.) 3:266(23). LAFA is domiciled in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with its principal office and mailing address being 5825 Florida Boulevard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 70806. LAFA is represented by its chairman, Mike Strain DVM, Commissioner of the Louisiana Department of Agriculture & Forestry.
Certified Louisiana, Certified Cajun, Certified Creole, and the Certified Farm to Table logos were established by the LOAF in accordance with La. RS 3:4721 for the promotion of products grown, manufactured, or produced in Louisiana that are aimed at enhancing and promoting Louisiana’s agricultural industry. The logos are registered trademarks with the United States Patent and Trademark office and the Louisiana Secretary of State’s office. The LAFA will promote these logos through the Certified Louisiana Program.
Proposed funds available to carry out this program shall total approximately $150,000.00 for the first year with the option to renew for two (2) additional one (1) year periods for approximately $150,000.00 per year.
LAFA desires to retain the services of an advertising consulting firm to provide services to assist in administering the Program’s advertising, promotion, and public relations program with guidelines and policies approved by the LAFA. The goal of this contract is to expand the knowledge of and increase the consumption of Louisiana Certified Products.
The objectives of this contract are to prepare a methodology and administer a Louisiana Certified Products promotion, advertising, and public relations program in Louisiana; implement the most effective use of funds to promote and advertise Louisiana Certified Products; and to increase awareness of Louisiana Certified Products.
Scope of Work:
The selected Proposer shall be expected to provide the following services, to include, but not limited to:
- Provide advice and counsel to the LAFA on an advertising, promotion and public relations program to accomplish the objective of promoting Louisiana Certified Products to increase awareness of Louisiana Certified Products;
- Develop an advertising, promotion and public relations program with opportunities which will assist in promoting, and to increase awareness of Louisiana Certified Products;
- Identify national advertising, promotion and public relations opportunities which will assist in promoting Louisiana Certified Products;
- Create advertising for any print or broadcast media;
- Plan and place print and broadcast media;
- Create and produce print-ready art for promotional materials, point-of-purchase materials, brochures, and any other creative useful in accomplishing the objectives of this program;
- Recommend a proposed advertising and promotion program and budget to the LAFA, designed to accomplish the objective promoting Louisiana Certified Products;
- Implement the advertising promotion and public relations program approved by the LAFA, coordinate with the staff of the State assigned to the LAFA to carry out its program;
- Pay media and other vendors for goods and services;
- Provide all necessary documentation of invoices to the LAFA;
- Provide usual and customary account services, including attendance at all LAFA meetings and consultation regarding the servicing of the account;
- Provide monthly accounting to the LAFA of all monies expended. The statement shall include a breakdown of agency fees and expenses by project or service category;
- Develop advertising and other program budgets. Maintain budget status control and appropriate records which may be audited by the responsible agencies of state government
- All other related activities approved by the Commission, as are necessary to accomplish the objectives of the program; and
- Participate in social media opportunities.
ATTN: RFP Coordinator
LA Department of Agriculture & Forestry
5825 Florida Boulevard, Suite 1000
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Top Public Relations News:
PR News PR Agency Elite Awards Recap
David Bass of Raptor Strategies: Suspect In Burglary!
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY ISSUES DIGITAL ADVERTISING RFP
SS PR: SS Public Relations Hired by QuamTel
Back-to-School Study Reveals Changed Spending Patterns
Jeremy Pelofsky Is Ketchum’s New Corporate Affairs VP and Media Strategist
PR Firms Adapt Best Practices During COVID
Florida A&M University Board of Trustees (FAMU) Issues Medical Marijuana Branding RFP
Ten Best-Selling Public Relations Books on Amazon
Q & A Priscila Martinez of The Brand Agency