Strategic Communications RFP Issued
VIP Community Services (VIP) operates a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC), residential substance use programs, supportive and low-income housing programs and a shelter. Its comprehensive range of high-quality services delivered in an integrated and coordinated manner was developed in response to the myriad and complex needs of the residents of its Central Bronx (NY) service area.
Established in 1974 to fill the need for vital and social services in the Bronx, VIP plays a key role in improving the health and wellbeing of Bronx residents and is beginning to expand outside the Bronx through various partnerships. Over the years, VIP added services to its portfolio, most recently expanding its primary care with pediatric and ophthalmology services, and soon it will open a dental clinic. VIP was recently licensed to provide mental health services to children as young as 5 years old. Over time, VIP expanded to include wrap-around services, and has become a one-stop shop for clients with a myriad of health, mental health and addiction-related issues. VIP served nearly 3,000 patients last year, and impacted many more through its work in the community.
VIP is seeking to expand its visibility and reach in the Bronx and neighboring areas and to grow its donor base, through multiple means including on-line presence (e.g., social media, website), local and regional news outlets, direct mail and other means identified.
For more information, visit https://www.vipservices.org/
VIP is seeking a firm that will support VIP with its strategic communications and work in close collaboration with key staff members to support the areas listed below. It is anticipated that 80-90% of the work will be to supporting activities in sections #1 and #2 though this may vary depending on shifting priorities.
1. Website: Provide technical support of the website, ensure maximum visibility and traffic through recommended best practices, update content with support from VIP staff, make recommendations for higher utilization, offer solutions for engaging various stakeholders (e.g., funders, donors, clients, job seekers), provide regular website/social media analytics
2. Fundraising: Support VIP’s fundraising efforts; VIP typically holds an annual fundraising event (gala), participates in Giving Tuesday, and holds a year-end drive. Consultant will serve as strategic partner, design look and feel for events, manage e-mail blasts, and support social media and other external communication tactics; development database support, and technical integration of fundraising database (eTapestry) with communications and other fundraising activities
3. Crisis Communication: consultant will work with key staff on messaging and responding to the media in crisis communications situations
4. Public and Media relations: support staff with and develop strategies for stronger press placement to drive additional clients, event attendance, and VIP name recognition; media relations activities as needed, including issuing press releases
Interested applicants are requested to submit a proposal with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Tuesday, December 8, 2020:
· Summary of firm’s experience in all the areas outlined in the Project Description section (not to exceed 2 pages)
· Key staff assigned to the account and a summary of their qualifications
· Proposed approach for delivering the work described in the Project Description section, addressing each section separately (not to exceed 4 pages)
· Proposed cost
· References (at least three, ideally of clients that have received services similar to those outlined in this RFP)
· Attachments: sample press releases, website screenshots (or links), analytics reports or other relevant samples that demonstrate prior work (not to exceed 8 pages)
Agencies with relevant experience would include Rubenstein PR, w2o Group and Finn Partners.