Develop a marketing strategy and implement a marketing campaign for the College’s new Culinary Arts Center and Academic program. This project will focus on the development of a comprehensive, effective marketing strategy, and assist in developing the initial launch and continuing recruiting tactics that will ensure the success of SUNY Broome’s Culinary Arts Center and the Culinary Program.
SUNY Broome Community College is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system. Firmly rooted in technical and applied sciences at its inception in 1946, the college has continued to grow and adapt to the needs of the community while expanding degree opportunities and forging connections with industry and business. Located in the Susquehanna River valley, the College is within a few hours of the state capital, one hour from Syracuse, and just over 3 hours from New York City.
The college’s new Culinary Arts Center will be located in downtown Binghamton New York. It will be housed in the historic Carnegie Library, formerly home to the Binghamton Public Library. Constructed in 1903, the building has been vacant for years and was included on the Preservation Association of the Southern Tier’s list of the top five endangered landmarks in the Binghamton area. The design of the Culinary Arts Center was intended to preserve the unique beauty of this historical landmark – while providing a modern learning environment for the colleges planned culinary arts and hospitality programs.
Scope of Work:
The College is seeking responses from recognized marketing organizations with experience working in both high profile culinary product and service promotion, and higher education recruiting. The selected firm will work with key stakeholders at the College to ensure the development and effective implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy. The firm will be asked to provide a variety of services including the following:
- Development of market strategy in collaboration with potential constituent groups.
- Specific identification of target demographic groups and associated marketing tactics, evidenced by Target Market Research.
- Development and implementation of a promotional campaign strategy, including suggested strategic partnerships.
- Development of key marketing materials in collaboration with the College’s Marketing Department.
- An organizational structure and schedule for street-level student recruitment (and influencer targeting). This may include recommendations on personnel.
- A series of strategic promotional events leading to the grand opening.
- Co-development (with the college) of branded messages for use in traditional and social media.
- A media buying schedule and outlet map, based on demographic targets.
SUNY Broome Community College
PO Box 1017
Binghamton, New York 13902
Top Public Relations News:
State of Maine Seeks Communications Agency
A & M University, Communications/Media Relations Services
Content PR, the Future of Marketing
Press Releases: Traditional vs. Online
What is a Public Relations Specialist?
YOUTH CANNABIS COMMUNICATION CAMPAIGN
Amazon Rebounds from Accusations with Major Announcement
Toyota’s New Strategy: Find Flaws Before You Do.
WHO WAS THE FIRST SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER?
Advertising with Instagram: Getting Started