Tarrant County College District (TCCD) invites proposals from interested business – brand marketing advertising firms with media relations exposure, content development, creative branding, web creation, media buying and copy writing experience. Firms should provide guidance and expertise on how to generate measurable awareness and exposure of TCCD to local business and philanthropic sectors, which will heighten the awareness, perception, and appreciation for TCCD’s brand and its vast technical and academic programs among the business and philanthropic constituents of Tarrant and surrounding counties.
The Tarrant County College District is a public institution of higher education that provides academic, occupational, general, and continuing education opportunities, as well as lifelong learning for all people in its District and contiguous service area. The College is committed to provide a high quality learning experience for its students at a reasonable cost and to serve as a good steward of public funds.
In the of Fall 2013, TCCD launched an integrated marketing campaign based on its new tagline, “Success Within Reach,” to reinforce the College’s value propositions: Affordability, Quality, Convenience, Variety and Accessibility. The multi-faceted campaign sought to raise awareness of the College’s academic and technical programs, which help students acquire the skills and credentials as they move on to meaningful jobs that will allow them to be self-sufficient. In the Fall of 2016, TCCD and the TCC Foundation conducted a Community Attitude Assessment Study to determine the level of awareness about TCCD programs in the business and broader community. TCCD now needs to build on this positioning with more targeted marketing efforts that will drive awareness, appreciation for TCCD’s brand value, and enrollment primarily in the technical and workforce training programs. In addition, these efforts should better position TCCD for future philanthropic support through the TCC Foundation.
Scope of Work:
The firm awarded this contract shall deliver and implement Phase One during the first year. Should the contract be renewed, the selected firm will be expected to deliver and implement Phase Two. Both phases shall utilize both traditional and non-traditional marketing.
As well as, advertising media and tools to increase awareness and perception of TCCD in the business and philanthropic sectors. TCCD desires to measure the effectiveness of these efforts, and the supplier is expected to demonstrate the measurability of the marketing efforts it executes, as well as assist the College’s marketing team with appropriately defining such metrics. Campaign tactics may include advertising, public relations, interactive, or any other marketing tools the supplier suggests and that TCCD approves.
During the initial year of the contract the awarded firm shall create Phase One which shall include but is not limited to:
- Provide guidance on how to market TCCD to local business and philanthropic targeted audiences
- Connect TCCD to strategically targeted media buys
- Provide guidance on generating web branding
- Provide guidance on copy writing
- Provide guidance on making local businesses and philanthropic entities aware of TCCD
- Firm should have experience working with publicly traded and privately owned companies
- Firm should have 10 or more years’ experience in the Tarrant County market
- Firm should have a designated professional with 5-10 years of experience who will be main point of contact
- Firm should have experience working with higher education and/ or quasi-governmental entities
- Develop a strategic media relations plan that significantly elevates the exposure of TCCD
- Develop a robust social media strategy to increase public awareness of TCCD
- TCCD prefers a firm that is familiar with the local Tarrant County area
Tarrant County College District
Attn: Christine East
Trinity River Campus Office: TREF 3213
300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth, TX 76102