Texas PR Firms: Technical College Issues RFP for PR
About Texas State Technical College
Texas State Technical College (“TSTC”) a state-supported two-year technical college, the state’s largest provider of technical education has issued an RFP seeking a Public Relations Agency. The college is an open enrollment institution with a full-time equivalent enrollment of approximately 12,000. In contrast with Texas’s regionally-focused community colleges, TSTC has a statewide role and mission with a legislative mandate to focus specifically on highly specialized, advanced, and emerging technical and vocational areas leading to certificates or associate degrees.
In 2015, the college was granted single-accreditation status from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. The college central administration is located in Waco, Texas, the site of the flagship campus. The college has campuses in Abilene, Breckenridge, Brownwood, Fort Bend County, Harlingen, Marshall, North Texas (Red Oak), Sweetwater, Waco, and Williamson County.
The Center for Employability Outcomes (C4EO) at Texas State Technical College is seeking qualified proposals for press relations and marketing services. This work will focus specifically on C4EO and the SkillsEngine product line now in development within TSTC. See www.skillsengine.com and www.c4eo.org for background context.
Scope of Work
- Marketing & Communications Strategy (Month 1)
- Conduct pre-planning process with appropriate C4EO staff
- Draft and revise marketing and communications plan
- Anticipated elements include messaging, press releases, marketing events, media engagement, client interviews, case studies, copy editing, and marketing materials
- Press Releases (Average 2 per month)
- Develop press releases
- Publish releases through wire distribution, websites, and social media
- Media Relations (Monthly)
- Respond to direct media inquiries and coordinate interviews
- Proactively generate media coverage through direct media engagement (for releases and events)
- Position/coordinate case studies with subjects and media outlets
- Marketing Events (2 Planned)
- Coordinate media events for HRTech Conference (Chicago, Oct 2016)
- Coordinate media events for SXSWedu Conference (Austin, Mar 2017)
Proposal due by July 19, 2016
Senior Buyer for Procurement Services – CTP Texas State Technical College
3801 Campus Dr.
Patterson Hall – Procurement Services Waco, Texas 76705