THE WOODLANDS CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU DESTINATION MARKETING MEDIA BUYING & CREATIVE SERVICES
DEADLINE: August 11, 2023 by 4:00 p.m. (CST)
The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau (TWCVB, dba Visit The Woodlands) is the official destination marketing organization responsible for promoting The Woodlands to drive demand for both hotel and retail tax collections. Our mission is the establish The Woodlands, Texas as a beautiful, lively and welcoming destination recognized regionally, nationally and internationally for first-class business, convention and leisure travel. Visit The Woodlands is a 501 (c) (6) organization, funded by The Woodlands Township Hotel Occupancy Tax and managed by a Board of Directors whom oversee the mission, vision and budget of Visit The Woodlands.
In 2018, TWCVB worked with its previous Agency of Record to develop a brand story and identity for The Woodlands. A new advertising campaign to reflect this branding was rolled out in 2018 with a new website following in 2020. In response to COVID, Visit The Woodlands moved media buying and creative services in-house in an effort to reduce expenses. In 2021, TWCVB selected a new vendor to serve as the Agency of Record who is currently contracted through the remainder of 2023.
In 2023, TWCVB began work on refreshing the Brand Guide. In addition to small updates to the color palette and typography section, the Brand Guide will offer alternative logo variations to give Visit The Woodlands more flexibility when working with promotional items or small, digital ad placements. The Brand Guide will also encompass The Woodlands brand story, pillars and attributes along with a section on graphic elements and photo guidelines. The updated guide is expected to be complete in August of 2023.
With these things in mind, TWCVB is requesting proposals for destination marketing media buying and creative services. Leveraging TWCVB’s brand as the guiding principle, this vendor will work closely with TWCVB Director of Marketing to create dynamic and engaging advertising, content and collateral for Visit The Woodlands.
Learn more about Visit the Woodlands on our website here.
II. BRAND OVERVIEW & MEDIA STRATEGY
Welcome to The Woodlands, a place that surrounds you with natural beauty and modern luxuries in perfect harmony.
The Woodlands is a destination designed for friends, families, and colleagues, offering curated experiences and carefully selected amenities, all in a gorgeous natural setting. An elegant, modern urban oasis designed to restore, The Woodlands is an idyllic retreat filled with a curated tapestry of cultural touchstones, bold local creators and world-renowned brands. The beauty of nature weaves throughout this Texas community, connecting luxurious stays to elevated experiences.
Whether you’re looking to relax or reconnect, to be inspired or be entertained, you can find it —and find yourself — in The Woodlands.
This is the life.
For the same reasons that make it a top place to live and thrive, The Woodlands stands out as a travel destination by combining the best aspects of business and leisure, natural and urban life in one place.
Nestled in the heart of metropolitan southeast Texas, The Woodlands combines serene outdoor settings with incredible shopping, dining, arts and entertainment. And with Visit The Woodlands’ vision for this unique locale, we’re showing travelers that The Woodlands is a vibrant, welcoming choice for a refreshing getaway.
2023 MEDIA PLAN OVERVIEW
- Leisure 62%, Meetings 28%, Cooperative 4% and International 6%
Audience & Target Markets:
- Leisure and Business Travelers (domestic & international)
- Meeting and Convention Planners, Businesses
Campaigns and Activations:
- Traditional, Digital (Social, Display, Native, Email), Video, Audio, Out of Home, In-Market Additional materials on Visit The Woodlands brand & media strategy can be found on our website via the links below.
- Fashion Forward Ad Campaign
- The Woodlands Visitors Guide
- The Woodlands Meeting Planner Guide
- Visit The Woodlands Website
III. RFP OVERVIEW
TWCVB is soliciting proposals for the projects listed below. Specific information regarding each of the project objectives is outlined in this Request for Proposal (RFP).
1. Media Buying & Management: Services shall include media buying, negotiation, management, strategy, optimization & reporting.
2. Creative Design: Services shall include creative design for advertising placements (print, digital, broadcast, OOH, unique activations, etc.).
Note: Bids should be submitted in the following way:
- “Bid 1”: Should include item 1 above, with costs that reflect the bidding vendor handling media buying and management services outlined in item 1 above. Actual media costs should not be included in the “Bid 1” total. Please refer to section IX, Media Budget & Additional Information Regarding the Account, for more information on the media budget. If awarded portion 1 of the bid, the winning vendor would act as Visit The Woodlands Media Agency.
- “Bid 2”: Should include items 2 above, with costs that reflect the bidding vendor handling creative design services outlined in item 2 above. If awarded portion 2 of the bid, the winning vendor would act as Visit The Woodlands Creative Agency.
- “Bid 3”: Should include both items 1 and 2 above and the associated cost savings (if any) that Visit The Woodlands would incur should the organization choose to award the bid to one vendor. If awarded both portions of the bid, the winning vendor would act at Visit The Woodlands Agency of Record.
The contract for services will be with The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau. The contract will be for work to be performed beginning immediately upon being awarded the bid and the negotiated contract being signed by both TWCVB and the awarded vendor.
IV. ANTICIPATED TIMELINE
July 5, 2023 Distribute RFP
July 21, 2023 Deadline to submit questions regarding RFP by 4:00 p.m. (CST)
August 11, 2023 Proposals and required forms (Attachments “A”, “B”, “C” and “E”) must be received at TWCVB office by 4:00 p.m. (CST)