Town of Colonial Beach Seeks Marketing Firm
The Town of Colonial Beach seeks to retain the services of a consultant to provide marketing services with the goal of increasing destination tourism, branding and marketing of the town’s assets and businesses, and promoting town events for a term of 12 months with a 12-month option period which may be exercised at the sole discretion of the Town. The consultant firm sought will have the knowledge, creativity, and resources to develop, implement, communicate and quantify a program to exponentially increase economic development through increased tourism.
The Town of Colonial Beach, since its incorporation in 1892 as a vacation and beach resort, has enjoyed a rich and infamous history centered around the Potomac River shoreline and the boardwalk area. In the last several years the town has embarked on a revitalization of its downtown area, a designated tourism zone. For more information, visit www.colonialbeachva.net.
Scope of Work:
(1) Enhance the visibility of Colonial Beach as a clean and safe tourist destination
(2) Develop a short, intermediate and long term tourism plan
(3) Develop or expand at least three tourism projects
(4) Identify tourism structures and infrastructure in need of upgrade or development
(5) Develop a set of measures to assess the success of our tourism efforts
October 17, 2017
Town Clerk Town of Colonial Beach
315 Douglas Avenue
Colonial Beach, VA 22443
Strong tourism PR firms include Coyne PR and 5WPR.