Towson University seeks a full-service marketing and strategic communications agency, on a retainer basis, to provide a variety of services including: market research, marketing (digital/direct/experiential/grassroots), brand development, multichannel campaign planning, creative concept development, graphic and design services, advertising/media planning and buying, video and multimedia production, public relations and strategic communications strategy and planning, major event planning/implementation, social media strategy, digital strategy (search engine marketing (SEM)/search engine optimization (SEO)/ analytics and tracking), web design, web development, social media strategy.
Founded in 1866, Towson University (TU) is among the nation’s best regional public universities, offering more than 100 bachelors’, masters and doctoral degree programs in the liberal arts and sciences and applied professional fields. With close to 23,000 students, Towson University is the fastest-growing and second largest public university in Maryland. Towson combines research-based learning with practical application and its many interdisciplinary partnerships with public and private organizations throughout Maryland provide opportunities for research, internships and jobs. For 32 consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report has ranked Towson University one of the nation’s best universities. An NCAA Division I school in athletics, Towson University is a member of the Colonial Athletic Association as well as the Colonial Academic Alliance.
More information about the University is available at www.towson.edu.
Scope of Work:
- Major Tasks. Successful Offeror will:
- Clearly demonstrate creativity and strategic marketing knowledge and skills. Based on prior work, creative briefs, and recent in-house developed marketing strategies that include market research, messaging, target audience differentiation, and identification, brand awareness and execution timelines. Include advertising and public relations campaigns that showcase creativity based on a goal and target audience.
- Demonstrate prior media buying expertise and proof of strategic placement. It is expected that the successful Offeror will have deep media buying capabilities and relationships that provide the corresponding discounts and expertise afforded to an agency that does a high volume of work. Additionally, the Offeror should have strategic rationale for placements and evidence of effectiveness via post campaign analysis and delivery on any calls to action.
- Provide significant expertise and support in the execution of digital marketing campaigns. The university’s Division of Marketing and Communication seeks a partner with proven experience creating dynamic and finely targeted digital advertising creative utilizing industry best practices in digital display, SEO, SEM, retargeting, social media, mobile and online influencer campaigns.
- Offer services to help develop and enhance websites and online owned media. The Offeror, should have the capability to create and implement new website landing pages and microsites to support marketing and advertising initiatives. Additionally, Towson University is looking for a partner that can provide insight for existing web content and layout in order to enhance engagement and support university branding online.
- Provide robust multi-media production services for highly creative advertising. The Offeror should be well equipped and experienced in concepting, creating and trafficking campaign deliverables for multi-media media including radio spots, television commercials, video sales pieces, augmented and virtual reality, streaming.
- Develop, monitor, and act on marketing metrics including demographic trends and issues as they relate to higher education.
- Act as counsel for best practices as they relate to strategic communications, social media, brand strategy, enrollment pipeline building, and creative services. Towson University is interested in partnering with an Offeror that can act as an extension of our internal teams and consult regularly on internal work happening in the various university departments that are part of the Division of University Marketing and Communications.
- Provide professional consultation and other services as requested including:
- Media research, analysis and plans
- Account team and creative services
- Graphic design services
- Broadcast (audio, video) production services
- Digital and email marketing – develop, deploy, track
- Market research and analysis
- Strategic marketing and campaign planning
- Product/service development consultation
- Word-of-mouth marketing and social media marketing tactics
- Video or audio production services
- Digital and Print advertising – develop, deploy, track
- Search Engine Optimization and Marketing (SEO/SEM)
- Competitive analyses
- Brand Identity/Naming
- Strategies for enrollment growth
- Athletics marketing
- Strategic communications and public relations
March 13th, 2018
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252
Top Public Relations News:
French/West/Vaughan Tapped as PR Firm
The Don Ryan Center for Innovation (DRCI) Issues Public Relations RFP
Free-Range Social Media: No Cruelty, Just Better PR
March Communications Is Silver Boutique PR Agency of the Year
Ribery Sex Scandal, More Bad PR for the French National Soccer Team
How Businesses Should Be Using Instagram Video
The City of Berkeley Seeks Media Firm
Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation Issues Website RFP
Public Relations & Managing Your Reputation Online
Should Breast Cancer Awareness Be Sexy?