The key objective of this assignment is to organize events with UN agencies, External stakeholders, and media; and a national event at the end in order to bring all the stakeholders together with their pledges. An event management agency will be recruited for this purpose, that will carry out the specific tasks as out lined below.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women supports UN Member States as they set global standards for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programmes and services needed to implement these standards. It stands behind women’s equal participation in all aspects of life, focusing on five priority areas; increasing women’s leadership and participation; ending violence against women; engaging women in all aspects of peace and security processes; enhancing women’s economic empowerment; and making gender equality central to national development planning and budgeting. UN Women also coordinates and promotes the UN system’s work in advancing gender equality.
An initiative to achieve gender equality titled HeForShe is at the core of UN Women’s work whereby men are encouraged to become gender advocates and champion women’s empowerment and ending violence against women. HeForShe champions globally advocate for these issues and pledge to carry out their responsibilities based on this role. The HeForShe campaign intends to mobilize men and boys globally to stand up and take action for the achievement of gender equality. The formation and participation of strong partners are central to the success of the campaign and as such, HeForShe will work closely with, support and encourage, UN Agencies, academia, media and private sector within Bangladesh to build strategies and work collaboratively to achieve the objectives of the campaign. HeForShe will seek to enhance and promote all partner strategies and activities that contribute to the goal of gender equality.
In Bangladesh, HeForShe was first initiated in the year 2016 at national level, whereby thought leaders, politicians, media personalities, etc were invited and pursued to be HeForShe champions. This year, UN Women BCO plans to take up the initiative to the UN agencies, private sector, academia and in the media, with a view to taking up HeForShe champions’ pledges at national level.
Scope of Work:
Before the event:
- In close consultation with UN Women, design each event individually, come up with unique and creative concepts to introduce HeForShe to the stakeholders
- In consultation with UN Women, prepare the primary list of stakeholders under each of these categories (Private sector, academia, media); set up appointments for pre-event meetings after getting approval from UN Women
- Meeting space reservations, including set-up and layout from the following United Nations
Department for Safety and Security (UNDSS) cleared venues:
- Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC)
- Pan Pacific Sonargaon
- five-star hotel (upon further discussion with the respective unit of UN Women)
- Design and development of
- Invitation cards with envelops and e-invitations: Size, text and color to be approved by UN Women
- Information handouts on HeForShe
- Event banner, X Banner, festoon: Size, text and color to be approved by UN Women
- Production of 500 HeForShe badges (samples will be provided)
- Prepare and maintain a database of guests and participants (Name, Contact details with Mobile No. and Email address) in consultation with UN Women
- Ensure timely distribution and receipt of invitation cards to the guests, at least 10 days before the event.
- At least a day before the event, the contractor has to review in detail and confirm the following things to UN Women:
- Overall set up, both in & outside of the hall
- AV equipment
- Food menu
During the event:
- Manage catering numbers effectively, maximizing value and minimizing wastage during the event
- Audio visual coordination including projectors, projection screens, microphones, sound system.
- Registration service at the venue including collection of business cards from the guests
- Directional signage for guests
- Effective documentation/Note taking by at least 2 persons
- Ensure availability of translation booth and sufficient number of translation equipment (at least 50) with 1 or 2 professional interpreters (Bangla – English) during the event
- Produce a ‘Press release’ for print and electronic media to be approved by UN Women
Road-113, House-llA(CES), Dhaka-1 212
Top Public Relations News:
PR Is The Path To More Recruits For The Indiana Army National Guard
Getting the Most Out of Instagram Hashtags
City of Bonita Springs, Florida Issues Digital RFP
Are You Safe on Twitter?
The Rise of Social Capital and how it Impacts Your Commercial Value
Maine Town Issues Branding RFP
Network Solutions’ Web Marketing 2.0 Success Story
Extend Customer Outreach with Press Sites, News Sites and Corporate Blogs
Back-to-School Study Reveals Changed Spending Patterns
RB Milestone Group Led by Ryan Brucato