The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking Communications and Media Support in Advocating for Ending Violence Against Women and Girls. UN Women Afghanistan Country office supports the development, monitoring and implementation of policies and programs that both protect and promote the rights of women.
One of UN Women Afghanistan ‘ s largest portfolios is Ending Violence against Women and Girls (EVAWG), which has a focus on policy development and legislation; support to provision of services; and creating an enabling environment for preventing violence against women and girls. An integral part of the EVAWG portfolio is supporting and leading advocacy interventions which target a) increased awareness about the issue in the Afghanistan context, and increased awareness about women’s rights in this regards, and the services available; b) community and national level dialogue on the root causes of EVAW and the behavioral changes required by a society to end this pandemic.
The UN Women Afghanistan Country Office is now deepening its long-term advocacy work, with a view to a strengthened focus on community mobilization to end violence against women and girls; maintaining a robust national dialogue on the resourcing and implementation of the existing policies and services, and expansion of both; to strengthened coordination among national and international stakeholders on key campaigns lined to these objectives.
Within the above, every year from November 25 (International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women to December 10 (World Human Rights Day), UN Women joins governments, civil society organizations, the private sector and the donor community in participating in the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence (16 Days of Activism) campaign. The global campaign originated from the first Women’s Global Leadership Institute coordinated by the Center for is a time to both raise awareness of the causes and consequences of violence against women and to galvanize action that outlasts the campaign itself.
UN Women’s Afghanistan office is taking a leadership role in coordinating 16 Days of Activism activities and events primarily with the Ministry of Women’s Affairs and UN agencies, and needs support in ensuring that the program results in substantive and visible advocacy on ending violence against women and girls in Afghanistan. The successful company of NGO will support UN Women management and communications staff
- Successful coordination of public art campaign based on “16 things you can do to end violence against women
- Work with UN Women communications staff and MoWA to identify provinces for public murals;
- In consultation with UN Women identify appropriate partners to implement public art in provinces and Kabul;
- Liaise with DoWA staff, local government in provinces to finalize logistics, including permissions, practical arrangements and pa1ticipation;
- Media coverage of public a1t campaign and ending violence against women
- Liaise with media to ensure coverage of public art campaign and ending violence against women;
- Visual documentation of the artistic process (photo stories and potentially video);
- Liaise with UN Women photographers and communications staff to ensure visual documentation of the artistic process (photo stories and potentially video);
- Poster series and collection of postcards as visibility materials for the murals in this campaign.
- Support UN Women communications staff in producing a poster series and collection of postcards as visibility materials for the murals in this campaign.
- Final report with human interest angle
- Indicator 1: 16 public murals in Kabul and the provinces.
- Indicator 2: Number of young women and men artists which participate in these events
- Indicator 3: Number of media outlets promoting the idea of 16 days of activism
- Successful coordination of Survivors Empowerment Journey program launch event
- Work with UN Women staff to refine event design and logistics plan;
- Prepare invitation list in consultation with UN Women staff and manage RSVPs;
- Oversee coordination of logistics requirement s, including but not limited to: seating, entertainment, AV equipment, protocols, banners, simultaneous translation services;
- Final report on the launch inclusive of human interest stories and interviews with participants
- Work with UN Women communications staff to liaise with and coordinate media outreach during and associated with the event, including the distribution of visibility materials.
- Substantive media coverage of the 16 Days of Activism campaign issues and activities as well as UN Women ‘ s programs and impact.
- Work with UN Women communications staff to refine media plan for 16 Days of Activism campaign;
- Support UN Women communications staff in ensuring media presence at events and activities where appropriate;
- Act as UN Women ‘ s main point of contact for Afghan journalists during the campaign.
- Identifying opportunities for partner and staff interviews during the I 6 Days of Activism;
- Mobilization of social media in covering the 16 Days of Activism.
- Successful implementation of public campaign based on impact of narcotics on violence in the society including women, girls, men and boys
- Identify the format of such campaign
- Develop a plan for carrying out such campaign in consultation with UN Women
- Media coverage
- Visual documentation of the process (photo stories and potentially video);
- Liaise with local government in provinces to finalize logistics, including permissions, practical arrangements and participation;
- Liaise with media to ensure coverage of campaign
- Liaise with UN Women photographers and communications staff to ensure visual documentation of the process (photo stories and potentially video);
- Final report with human interest angle
- Provide communications and media support as required around the 16 Days of Activism
- Attend UN 16 Days of Activism taskforce meetings;
- Attend other planning meetings as required;
- Provide support in organizing and promoting events and activities related to 16 Days of Activism campaign.
Proposal due by October 31st, 2016 to:
405 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017