The University of California, Riverside aims to:
- Better understand how key stakeholders, both internal and external, perceive UC Riverside
- Assess existing brand messaging and visual identity
- Develop and implement a new brand messaging platform to be used across the organization
- Set the stage for future revisions of visual identity and design
The University of California, Riverside is one of 10 universities within the prestigious University of California system, and the only UC located in Inland Southern California. Widely recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the nation, the University currently hosts about 23,000 students, with 1000 instructional faculty, and 5,500 staff. The campus is in the midst of a tremendous growth spurt with new and remodeled facilities coming on-line on a regular basis. We are located approximately 50 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. The University is also within easy driving distance of dozens of major cultural and recreational sites, as well as desert, mountain and coastal destinations.
Scope of Work:
The University of California Riverside’s University Communications is seeking to identify and select a consulting firm that has extensive experience in branding, marketing, and message development with complex, consumer-facing national level organizations. The University Communications objective is to select a qualified firm to:
- Conduct and review market research with key audience segments to determine how UC Riverside is perceived among key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assess existing brand messaging and visual identity that includes spanning printed materials, digital communications, apparel, signage, and other creative.
- Develop a new brand messaging platform that includes positioning, the brand story, brand personality, value proposition, distinctive’s (criteria that sets UCR apart), messaging principles, and storytelling resources.
- Develop tools for roll out and implementation
- Set the stage for future revisions of visual identity and design.
SCOPE PROCESS INCLUDES:
- Consult with Internal Stakeholders at each stage of the process.
- Qualitative and quantitative research exploring both awareness and perceptions of UC Riverside among the key audience segments
- Analysis of existing research
- Assessment i. Review existing brand messaging
- Review and conduct assessment of visual identity
- Development and Implementation i. Creation of a new comprehensive brand messaging platform
- Development of assets to rollout messaging to organization
Exclusions (not included):
- Changes to the UCR logo or trademarks
- Changes to the primary color palette
- Design Work (Design work will be considered for a possible phase two in 2019.)
This will be a new, one-year, fixed price contract, with a possibility for a one-year extension. University stakeholders include: Admissions, Student Affairs, Athletics, Advancement, Deans, and the Provost/Chancellor’s Office.
UC Public Bid Site
Top Public Relations News:
Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada Issues Marketing RFP
Interview with Turbine Labs founder Leigh Fatzinger
Valerie Christopherson of Global Results Communications (GRC)
FTI Consulting Points to US Investor “Dunno” Over Africa
MWW Re-Brands to “Matter More”
Egypt Public Relations Firms
Ohio County Seeking Branding And PR Firm
MWW, APCO, Dukas Linden PR, Kwittken, and Crenshaw Communications
Simply the Best PR to Represent The Bullying Academy
What’s Happening at Porter Novelli, FleishmanHillard, W2O, and Cohn & Wolfe