The University of New Mexico Health System (UNMHS) seeks to enter into a comprehensive, experienced marketing and communications consulting agency for the purpose of assisting in the development, communication (internal and external) and implementation of integrated marketing and branding initiatives. The goals of these initiatives are: to build a stronger regional identity for the UNMHS; to enhance the UNMHS’s reputation in the marketplace as a health system comprised of several hospitals and specialty clinics throughout the state; to create awareness and communicate relevance to target audiences; to enhance direct marketing efforts.
UNMHS is a non-profit educational, research and patient care group of hospitals and clinics located throughout the State of New Mexico. The UNM Health System is the clinical arm of UNM Health Sciences Center, New Mexico’s only academic health center. Our hospitals and clinics:
- Provide care for more than 200,000 New Mexicans each year.
- Serve as training sites for students of medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other health professions.
- Play an important role in the University of New Mexico’s community-based health research.
Comprehensive Programs & Services:
At the UNM Health System you’ll find the state’s only Level I trauma center, only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, a comprehensive stroke and neuro- trauma service, a comprehensive burn center, a pediatric cardio thoracic surgery program, advanced women’s care, adult and children’s psychiatric services, bariatric and orthopaedic programs, and dozens of other specialty lines that we are uniquely equipped to deliver. Collectively, the hospitals handle 22,000 surgical cases, 100,000 emergency room visits and nearly 900,000 outpatient visits per year.
The health system comprises:
- University of New Mexico Hospital, the state’s only academic medical center and the primary teaching hospital for the university’s School of Medicine.
- Sandoval Regional Medical Center, which provides the personal attention of a community hospital and the expertise and resources of an academic health care facility.
- UNM Children’s Hospital and UNM Carrie Tingley Hospital, which offer the widest range of pediatric services in the state.
- UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center, where 60 percent of adults and almost every child with cancer in New Mexico get care.
- UNM Clinical Neurosciences Center, the only comprehensive neurology, neurosurgery and pain management center in the Southwest.
- UNM Psychiatric Center and UNM Children’s Psychiatric Center, which provide the full spectrum of behavioral health care.
- Dozens of outpatient care offices, including facilities strategically located in historically underserved areas.
- University of New Mexico Medical Group, Inc., a network of more than 1,100 practitioners in more than 150 specialties.
The UNMHS internal marketing support presently maintained is a marketing director, graphic artist, videographer and marketing representative. The marketing team works closely with the UNM Health Sciences Center web team and external communications office.
The UNMHS has traditionally conducted service line marketing campaigns not reflecting the full spectrum of services the system holds. The UNMHS Marketing Director recently conducted a quantitative and qualitative survey. The results support moving towards a family brand marketing strategy vs the traditional service line marketing campaigns.
Scope of Work:
It is the intent of the University of New Mexico to solicit proposals from agencies with a minimum of five (5) years integrated marketing and branding experience and a demonstrated track record of success in integrated marketing and branding initiatives, to enter into a non-exclusive pricing agreement to fulfill the execution of marketing projects needed by UNMHS and its various units related to the “Purpose” as explained above. University programs and projects require an array of consultation services for planning effective communication and marketing strategies. Such services may include but not limited to the following: conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and evaluating marketing and communication campaigns; conducting marketing and communications research; creative services; interactive services; media services; providing strategic marketing consultation.
- Work with UNMHS leadership to develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications plan;
- Provide recommendations for media placement and buy;
- Developing/continuing a major education/outreach campaign to increase awareness of signature services and increase community support;
- Assisting UNMHS leadership to develop/create family branding messages and images;
- Assisting UNMHS leadership to develop, conduct and/or interpret marketing surveys;
- Assist in the implementation of the marketing plan;
- Providing design, creation and production of all print, on-line and broadcast media;
- Responsible for all production of collateral;
W2O Group would be an excellent candidate for this assignment.
Top Public Relations News:
Influencer Marketing Trends To Watch
The Skills You’ll Need to Become a Digital Marketer in 2020
NYU Libraries Issues RFP For Website Development
A Guide to Facebook’s Four Different Ad Types
Beyond the Roadshow: How to Manage Company Communications in the Lead Up to an IPO
Dothan Civil Center Issues Promotional RFP
Advertising RFP Issued By Oregon Tourism Commission
In-Store Digital Tools and a Human Touch Drive Success in Retail
Credit Card or DIP?
Montana Convention and Visitors Bureau Tourism PR Firm