University of Kentucky Seeks Marketing & Advertising Agency
The purpose of this Request for Proposals is to establish
formalized relationships with full-service, multi-disciplinary branding and
advertising agencies for University of Kentucky and its major entities,
including its 16 degree-granting colleges, as well as the Lewis Honors College
and Graduate School, UK Athletics, and UK HealthCare. Offeror(s) must be
knowledgeable of contemporary branding and advertising strategies, and capable
of executing with excellence on a newly developed, robust brand strategy with
excellence. Special consideration will be given to those agencies with
demonstrated expertise in higher education, health care, and major
The target audiences for the University’s sustained branding
and advertising strategy are broad and diverse. The audiences include
potential/current students, potential/current parents, alumni, opinion
leaders/stakeholders and elected officials as well as potential/current donors.
The intent of the advertising and marketing efforts is to create awareness of
the successes of the University of Kentucky and position it as a University
making enormous strides in its multifaceted mission to transform Kentucky and
the larger world.
• Attract top-quality students and faculty that enable the institution to grow in support of the state’s workforce needs and its health and social challenges.
• Increase support from alumni, friends, policy-makers, and businesses.
• Help drive a successful Kentucky Can philanthropy campaign – a $2.1 billion effort focused on the institution’s strategic priorities.
The Office of University Relations will be the central point
of contact for the umbrella agreement with agency/agencies, as well as coordinate
activities on behalf of the University, its colleges, alumni relations and
UK Athletics and UK HealthCare will take lead roles in
coordinating agency activities related to their strategies, respectively. To
that end, account management and billing services should be scoped accordingly.
Total budget for the University and its major entities will
fluctuate annually; however, for the purposes of developing a proposal, agency
or agencies should anticipate that combined marketing budgets spent with
outside firms is estimated to be $5 million annually, including media
Scope of Work:
The agency or agencies selected must have demonstrated
success executing on a newly created brand strategy across multiple creative
platforms to achieve its client’s business and marketing goals. Specifically,
we are seeking someone who has experience activating a new brand strategy
We are seeking exceptional expertise in areas that include,
but are not limited to:
• Concept creative and art direction informed by the brand strategy that also
adheres to brand
• Responsive and comprehensive account services
• Digital asset development
• Video/animation development and editing
• Media evaluation/media placement
• Marketing research
• Recommendations and placement services
• Campaign measurements and reporting
UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
411 S LIMESTONE
ROOM 322 PETERSON SERVICE BLDG.
LEXINGTON, KY 40506-0005
Porter Novelli and Burson Marsteller have relevant