University of Utah Seeks Public Relations Firm
The David Eccles School of Business of the University of Utah has issued a public relations RFP. Founded in 1917 and educating more than 6,000 students annually, the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business offers eight undergraduate majors, four MBAs, five other graduate programs, a Ph.D. in seven areas and executive education curricula. The Eccles School is also home to seven institutes and centers that deliver academic research and support an ecosystem of entrepreneurship and innovation. Applied learning is central to the Eccles experience.
The Eccles School is looking for a service provider to work as a contracted public relations firm to outreach to regional and national media for placement in news articles and for placement of op-eds. This firm would work under the direction of the School’s associate director of marketing and communications.
Scope of Work:
The Eccles School is looking for a service provider to work as a public relations consultant under the direction of the School’s Associate Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and execute a regional and national media push specifically including the following:
- Creating a strategic plan for op-ed placements and story pitches to regional and national news media.
- Crafting of op-ed pieces from faculty and administrative leaders at the Eccles School and pitching them to regional and national media outlets.
- Media trainings with our faculty and staff most likely to interact with media.
- Collaborating on and pitching story ideas to regional and national news reporters who focus on higher education, business and any other areas relevant to the Eccles School.
- Tracking media coverage and placements.
August 10, 2017 to:
Limher Montoya, Senior Buyer
University of Utah Purchasing Dept.
201 S. Presidents Circle Rm. 170
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Strong PR firms with education experience include Finn Partners and Weber Shandwick.