The Uptown Whittier Association Issues Public Relations RFP
The Uptown Whittier Association (UWIA), a public benefit non-profit corporation, which serves as the administrator of the Uptown Whittier Community Benefit District (CBD), is seeking a professional services contractor to provide public relations for the Association and its activities.
Scope of Work:
The selected public relations firm shall be responsible for:
• Developing a strategic public relations, outreach, and advertising plan for the UWIA (in consultation with UWIA leadership)
• Promoting introduction of new public spaces in the Uptown district;
• Promoting special events and ongoing media relations for new development and business activities on behalf of the Association occurring in Uptown Whittier;
• Working with the UWIA staff on social media outreach efforts (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.);
• Working on the development of videos that promote the UWIA;
• Work with the web manager to regularly update the website;
• Developing relations with local and national print media and television media;
• Responding to the media about issues that might arise within the district;
• Providing talking points for media coverage; and
• Writing and distribute press releases on any issues affecting the UWIA, etc.
• Developing advertising placement;
March 8th, 2018
c/o New City America, 710 W. Ivy Street, San Diego, CA 92101
KCSA and RF Binder have relevant experience.