Village of Niles Seeks Public Relations Assessment & Strategy
The Village of Niles is requesting from qualified firms a proposal for a marketing implementation plan to include a market assessment and strategic plan that sells the “It’s Possible Here” campaign, with digital, print, media sources and outreach.
The Village of Niles was incorporated is contiguous to the northwest city limits of Chicago, in Cook County, Illinois. The Village presently occupies 5.87 square miles and serves a population of 30,000. Due to the significant number of retailers within the Village, the daytime population exceeds 100,000. The Village provides a full range of services beyond the core services of police, fire and public works to include a free bus system, teen center, fitness center, senior center and family services. The Niles 2030 Comprehensive Plan, unanimously adopted October 25, 2011, has five guiding principles: Economic Vitality, Desirable Housing Stock, Strength in Diversity, Community Character and Identity and Reality Based Recommendations.
Scope of Work:
Review and have a competent understanding or our brand standards and guidelines and the Being Niles presentation. Plus be familiar with relevant studies and plans including 2030 Comprehensive Plan, Arts and Culture Master Plan and South Milwaukee Master Plan. The selected proposal will have local knowledge and understanding of Niles, its historical and notable significance, to best highlight our independent and unique businesses, capitalize on existing notable architecture (resident and commercial mid-century modern) styles. Audits of current internal marketing tools and practices and propose effective improvements to streamline marketing efforts that include the latest in technology and trends.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Assess current internal marketing efforts, tools and practices including staff roles and responsibilities throughout multiple departments and offer solutions for streamlining our tools and practices. Recommend cohesive tools and templates that can be used in a comprehensive strategy across departments, functions and events.
- Create a campaign that encompasses our 2030 Comprehensive Plan, Arts and Culture Master Plan, Brand Standards and Guidelines.
- Create strategies to communicate and engage residents, businesses and organizations in Village wide events including 4th of July Parade and Holly Jolly Christmas Market.
- Research and develop communication tools to identify and engage established neighborhoods.
- Showcase Niles as an attractive destination to live and raise a family by creating a PR campaign that will attract young families. The campaign should position Niles’ strong performing high schools that compete with neighboring suburbs. The District schools need to be better recognized and showcased for their academic appeal.
- Showcase Niles as an attractive destination to operate a business with a thriving and progressive local economy and include promoting the Milwaukee Avenue Home Design and Improvement Corridor.
- Create measurement tools to track progress.
- Overall promotion of events, programs, initiatives and good governance.
Village of Niles
Attention: Susan Bus, Purchasing Agent
1000 Civic Center Drive
Niles, IL 60714
Chicago based PR firms include Edelman PR and Zeno Group.