The Washington State Housing Finance Commission (“intends to contract with one or more firms to provide graphic design, marketing and branding, photography/videography and writing services between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2021.
The Commission was created in 1983 as a financing conduit to make affordable housing available throughout the state of Washington through the use of mortgage revenue bonds. The Commission was given additional authority to issue non-recourse revenue bonds for cultural and social service projects and to issue bonds for beginning farmer/ranchers and energy projects. The Commission also allocates the federal housing tax credits for the state of Washington. To date, the Commission has financed the development of more than 116,313 rental apartments, more than 67,000 home loans, 170 nonprofit facilities, and dozens of financings for energy and startup farms and ranches.
Scope of Work:
Graphic Design, Layout and Production:
- Develop visual themes and branding that can be applied to a wide variety of media.
- Work with the Communications Manager, Commission staff, and other contractors to collaboratively develop creative approaches to publications and other outreach efforts.
- Develop graphic elements that support a cohesive visual theme for the Commission and that can be integrated into the website, social media and other non-print uses.
- Design and lay out various print publications, including:
- The Commission’s Annual Reports
- The Executive Director’s Newsletter (“My View”)
- Promotional and marketing materials for the Commission in general and for specific divisions and programs within the Commission
- Other reports, publications and printed materials identified by the Commission.
- Coordinate printing by setting specifications, soliciting bids from print firms, and helping Commission staff to analyze and choose a print firm. Act as the point of contact with the printer to see print jobs through to completion.
- Develop timelines for preparation and production of the above pieces, as requested.
- Update the Commission’s graphic and brand standards.
- Design and execute all assigned graphic production processes during each contract period on time, and at or below budget.
- Provide any other graphic design needs the Commission may request within the time and budget scope of the contract.
- Submit original files of all graphic design elements to the Commission upon completion.
Writing and Content Development:
- With the Communications Manager and Commission staff, develop creative themes for the Commission’s Annual Reports, Executive Director’s Newsletter, and other reports, publications and printed materials identified by the Commission.
- As directed by the Commission, interview customers and stakeholders and develop these interviews into narratives fitting the Commission’s needs—for example, stories for the annual report that show the effects of the Commission’s programs; quotes for promotional materials; and interviews with experts for the Executive Director’s Newsletter.
- Conduct research as needed to write clearly and authoritatively about a wide range of subjects that pertain to affordable housing and the work of the Commission.
Marketing and Branding:
- Develop marketing goals and strategies in partnership with Commission staff, particularly in support of our Homeownership program.
- Develop and implement effective marketing tactics to achieve goals and strategies.
- Share and/or conduct market research and expertise to ensure effective outreach to target audiences.
- Provide guidance and expertise to Commission staff on creating and maintaining our brand standards.
Photography and Videography:
- At the direction of Commission staff, take photographs and videos that illustrate the Commission’s work and impact on individuals and communities.
- Coordinate with graphic designers and content developers to capture images that support the creative themes and goals established for the materials being developed.
- Two to three times a year, travel to other areas of the state for photo/video shoots at the direction of Commission staff.
- Gather signed releases from all subjects and return them to the Commission.
- Submit all photographs promptly and with necessary corrections to Commission staff. All photographs will be the exclusive property of the Commission in perpetuity.
- Provide full video production; submit finished videos and backup files to the Commission.
Washington State Housing Finance Commission
1000 Second Avenue, Suite #2700
Seattle, WA 98104-1046
Top Public Relations News:
Season 4 of Orange is the New Black
Austin, Texas Seeking Flood Safety PR Firm
Miami University Seeks Branding Firm
North Carolina Housing Authority Seeks PR Company
New Media Strategies Hired by Chrysler
Midland College Issues Marketing/Advertising RFP
District of Columbia Water & Sewer Authority Seeks Communications Firm
San Antonio Seeks Healthy PR Agency
Everything-PR Q & A With Dick Grove – CEO INK Inc. Public Relations
Sears Hoping To Recapture Magic