The City of West Palm Beach is seeking a public relations firm. The specific assignment is to provide public services to promote community events hosted by the City of West Palm Beach Parks and Recreation Department, Division of Community Events. Located in South Florida, the City of West Palm Beach is located in Palm Beach County, Florida and serves as the county seat.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
The Public Relations Consultant will provide services for the Parks and Recreation, Division of Community Events including Clematis by Night, 4th on Flagler, Sunday on the Waterfront, West Palm Beach GreenMarket, Screen on the Green, Summer in Paradise and Sandi Land- Holiday in Paradise.
Public Relations duties for Clematis by Night, 4th on Flagler, Sunday on the Waterfront, West Palm Beach GreenMarket, Screen on the Green, Summer in Paradise and Sandi Land- Holiday in Paradise events:
- Develop a comprehensive Public Relations Plan, including Social Media, for the Community Events Division which includes Clematis by Night, 4th on Flagler, Sunday on the Waterfront, West Palm Beach GreenMarket, Screen on the Green, Summer in Paradise and Sandi Land- Holiday in Paradise. Include short and long-term public relations strategies and activities for each event.The primary goals of the Public Relations Plan are:
- To attract residents and visitors to downtown West Palm Beach on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- To analyze event demographics and determine new audiences to target for each event and develop strategies to accomplish.
- To analyze existing event survey data and provide public relations strategies to accomplish suggested staff-approved recommendations.
- To develop strategies whereby City partners can collaborate to produce events and activities that further develop downtown West Palm Beach as a destination for visitors.
- To implement one of a kind, creative strategies for all City events that support our Community Events’ Division vision: “To be a worldwide benchmark for promotion of municipalities.”
- To leverage the varying, unique characteristics of each individual event to best support the mission of the division as a whole: “we promote West Palm Beach…by making fun for everyone!”
- Serve as the primary contact for all local, regional, national and international public relations requests.
- Develop a comprehensive electronic media kit for each event listed above including:
- Fact sheet
- General press releases
- Photos of the festival and entertainers
- Other event paraphernalia that might be available Media Kit Schedule:
- Summer in Paradise (which includes 4th on Flagler) and Sandi Land Holiday in Paradise are annual, multiple day/month events.
- Clematis by Night media kits would be developed on a quarterly basis in cycle with the quarterly rotation of entertainment. Additional media kit information would be created for “special” Clematis by Night events such as Clematis by Fright and 4 additional nights
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket media kit would be developed annually and include additional media kit information for special events, such as the Strawberry Festival
- Sunday on the Waterfront and Screen on the Green are monthly events. Media kits can be developed quarterly to promote the specific entertainment for each month.
- Create and distribute calendar listings for the events in all pertinent publications, including daily, weekly and monthly print and online publications.
- Pitch stories and photo opportunities to local, regional and national outlets; seek out and schedule interviews with event spokesperson, entertainers, vendors etc.
- Develop, maintain relationships and create mutually beneficial cross promotions with local partners, such as Discover Palm Beach County, the Palm Beach County Cultural Council and the Downtown Development Authority.
- Coordinate City events’ inclusion in FAM tours and overall Palm Beach County public relations efforts in conjunction with Discover Palm Beach County opportunities.
- Develop concept for creative press conferences and media events and execute planning and implementation.
- Participate in event committee meetings once a month to get up-to-date information and update the committee in regards to public relations efforts.
- Brainstorm publicity opportunities for each event.
- Develop copy for all City event pages including the event home page and all web pages associated with City produced events.
- Create and maintain schedule and content for all City Community Events social media postings on City Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. Develop and utilize additional social media outlets as appropriate for Community Events content.
- Arrange and act as onsite liaison for live broadcasts during events.
- Work with photographer for the event (City will hire photographer.)
- Work with the photographer to secure good promotional pictures of the event
- Develop a shot list for photographer
- Use good photos for follow up media
- Work with videographer. (City will hire videographer.) Develop shot list for videographer.
- Keep a press book of all media clips. Keep a log of all television appearances or shots that were arranged.
- Be on site day of event to handle all media requests- 4th on Flagler, Special nights for Clematis by Night, possibly 5 per year, West Palm Beach GreenMarket Opening Day and up to five additional special events.
Proposal due by Tuesday, March 21st, 2017:
Josephine Grosch, Sr. Purchasing Agent
City of West Palm Beach Procurement Department 401 Clematis Street – 3rd Floor
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Dir: (561) 822-2107/ Main: (561) 822-2100
Top Public Relations News:
Job Training & Employment Corporation Issues Search Engine Marketing RFP
Rasky Baerlein: Principals Larry Rasky, Joe Baerlein & Ann Carter
Digital Media RFP Issued For Philippines United Nations Offices
POWER VERSUS FORCE?
Fredrick County, Maryland Health Department Issues Marketing RFP
Santa Clara Water District Issues Media Buying RFP
How PR Can Respond to the Coronavirus Outbreak
CisionPoint PR Software, Now with Integrated Self-Service TV and Radio Monitoring
What a Shift in Storage Means for Big Data
Veteran Female PR Executive Fills Business Void in the Marketplace by Providing HR Support for Workers on Maternity Leave