The Marketing Unit of the Department of Tourism and Culture (Tourism Yukon) is seeking a single marketing agency to support the development, implementation and evaluation of the Tourism Yukon Marketing Plan to meet the goals of the Yukon Tourism Development Strategy. The marketing agency will interpret and incorporate these plans primarily into the consumer channel, and occasionally in the travel trade and public relations (PR) channels. Marketing activities will include: developing, implementing, and evaluating consumer marketing programs and campaigns, digital marketing, developing creative, providing media buying and public relations services, supporting tourism-related events, marketplaces and missions, and providing travel trade marketing support services as required.
We create awareness of Yukon as a travel destination. Focusing on international and Canadian markets, we put in place multi-channel, year-round consumer marketing campaigns. We also build important tour operator and media relationships.
Our team carries out sales calls, gives training to overseas tour operators and travel agents; and manages travelyukon.com, online marketing and other digital platforms.
We partner with Destination Canada and host media and travel trade familiarization tours. For questions about how you can take part in our marketing activities, contact us.
Scope of Work:
Tourism Yukon, may, in its sole discretion during the term of the SOA, on an as-required basis, request in writing that the Contractor provide various marketing services to Tourism Yukon in Canada and/or in other international markets which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Providing strategic planning and account management services;
● Planning, developing, executing, and evaluating multimedia consumer-focused marketing campaigns in North America (Canada + USA), potentially in both English and French languages;
● Planning, implementing, and evaluating digital marketing strategies and tactics;
● Offering digital marketing support services specific to social media, CRM, e-newsletters, SEO and SEM;
● Developing, testing, evaluating, and maintaining a website, with knowledge about Drupal, userexperience (UX), user-interface (UI), and analytics;
● Providing creative concept development, creative design, and production services for projects requiring a variety of media/placement formats. Formats may include, but are not limited to: video, digital, broadcast, place-based, social media, audio, and print (which may include the annual Yukon Experience Guide, trade show activation areas and signage, annual reports, etc.);
● Media planning, buying, and evaluation services for a variety of channels, which may include, but are not limited to: broadcast, digital, mobile, social media, out-of-home, place-based, print, and direct mail;
● Identifying and executing partnership marketing opportunities with both traditional and nontraditional outlets;
● Content planning, creation, acquisition, and implementation of the Tourism Yukon content strategy;
● Developing, updating and integrating brand guidelines;
● Providing audience/market research and analysis to support programs and activities, including developing and managing campaign/tourism-related research projects;
● Establishing performance measurement standards or systems;
● Providing reporting services (quantifying project results against planned objectives) which may include the recommendation, adoption, and use of digital dashboarding tools;
● Providing financial management;
● Developing, planning, deploying, and evaluating public relations (PR) strategies and tactics;
● Supporting the planning, implementation and attendance at tourism events, marketplaces, and missions;;
● Providing services and support to the Tourism Yukon’s Travel Trade marketing program (as required);
● Providing ongoing strategic marketing counsel, advice and support
September 14, 2020
Government of Yukon Procurement Support Centre Suite 101-104 Elliott Street Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 0M2 Phone: (867) 667-5385