The CRAA is seeking proposals for services to assist in the development and execution of brand development, implementation, ongoing marketing services and website development. CRAA manages the Capital Region International Airport, Mason Jewett Field and Port Lansing. The goal of this RFP is to enter a 5-year pre-approved relationship with a number of firms who are able to provide relevant services. CRAA will then use this pool of Proposers to complete marketing and website projects for the next 5 years.
The Capital Region Airport Authority (CRAA) owns and
operates the Capital Region International Airport (CRIA), a non-hub commercial
service airport located in Lansing, Michigan. From 1929 until 1971, the airport
was owned and operated by the state of Michigan and governed by the Michigan
Aeronautics Commission. The Authority was created in 1970 pursuant to Act No.
73 of the Public Acts of Michigan, in order to transfer the State-owned airport
to the newly created local governmental entity. The airport is served
year-round by three (3) legacy airlines: American, Delta, and United, as well
as by Apple Vacations charters on a seasonal basis. The Airport serves over
375,000 passengers per year. In addition to the CRIA, the Authority operates
the Port Lansing Global Logistics Centre which is a full-service commerce park
on the grounds of the CRIA. The Authority also operates Mason Jewett Field,
which serves as a smaller general aviation airport just south of Lansing.
Scope of Work:
The CRAA is seeking proposals for services to assist in the
development and execution of brand development, implementation, ongoing
marketing services and website development. CRAA manages the Capital Region
International Airport, Mason Jewett Field and Port Lansing. The goal of this
RFP is to enter a 5-year pre-approved relationship with a number of firms who
are able to provide relevant services. CRAA will then use this pool of
Proposers to complete marketing and website projects for the next 5 years.
PACKAGE A: Brand Enhancement and Ongoing Creative Development/Execution
PACKAGE B: Website and Digital Platform
With a renewed focus on the modernization of the airport,
increased utilization of our facilities and our overall brand, the CRAA is
seeking partners who will work with us to continue to enhance and develop our
brand as we iterate on the work of the past 60 years. At this point in time,
the CRAA relies upon a small internal staff for marketing responsibilities and
while traditionally we have used outside resources entirely for marketing
services, we are looking for a blended approach moving forward.
It is the task of marketing team to not only continue to
move the Capital Region International Airport, Mason Jewett Field and Port
Lansing forward, but also to effectively communicate information about all
three entities to the public.
ANTICIPATED SCOPE OF WORK FOR BRANDING
• Design a brand identity around a new name and logo to be provided by CRAA
• Utilize extensive existing research to make data-driven decisions throughout the branding process
• Develop brand messaging including mission statement, vision statement, 15-second elevator pitch and brand descriptors
• Design updated collateral including letterhead, business cards, email signatures, and envelopes
• Design social media images and content
• Create in-depth brand standards document including use of logo, tagline,
colors, content etc.
• Design updated physical signage
• Create a brand launch plan to include social media, public relations, media relations, and paid media
• Create a 6-month communication plan to include social media, public relations, media relations and paid media, all in relation to the goals of the CRAA
• Ensure that all work created is owned and delivered to CRAA through a digital sharing platform.
ANTICIPATED SCOPE OF WORK FOR ONGOING CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT AND BRAND ENHANCEMENT
These ongoing services will include a wide variety of
projects on an as needed basis. Below is a list of expectations, but the scope
is subject to change.
• Strategic marketing plans and calendars including tactics such as social,
public relations and paid media.
• Public relations services including media communication, crisis proposal,
creation and distribution, proactive efforts, media event execution and media
• Graphic design services for a number of deliverables including but not limited to billboards, digital ads, and printed materials.
• Audio/video production of commercials for traditional and digital media.
• Email campaign creation including both design and content (on Mailchimp
• Content creation for website, social media, advertisements and more.
• Media buying.
• Photography and video capture.
• Ongoing reporting of key metrics and progress.
ANTICIPATED SCOPE OF WORK FOR WEBSITE AND DIGITAL PLATFORM:
• Design and develop a new website to represent also CRAA entities (Capital Region International Airport, Mason Jewett Field, and Port Lansing) following new brand guidelines
• Develop content for the new website
• Implement Search Engine Optimization best practices throughout the website, in both content and site structure
• Build on a Content Management System in WordPress that will be manageable by the CRAA staff once the website is launched.
• Fully responsive site for desktop, mobile and tablet use
• A full content audit to identify important features and pages
• Development of new information architecture and UI/UX as needed
• Uses industry benchmarking, research, and best practices to align the CRAA with industry leaders
• Integration with current ticketing system API to facilitate ticket purchases
• Solution for airline ticket sales within the new CRAA website
• Implementation of an event calendar tool
• Social media platform integrations
• Backend design that allows for quick and easy creation and editing of posts,
pages and other content as needed by the CRAA
• Incorporate ad spaces/units into the site.
• Implementation of a publishing platform (blog / news section)
• Site search capabilities
• Integration with flight tracking data feed
• Integration of Google Analytics
• Mailchimp email marketing integration
• Loyalty/Rewards program capabilities that allow for capture of information as
well as “member only” content
• Initial training with CRAA staff (up to 7 employees, one training session)
• Ongoing maintenance as larger changes are needed beyond internal expertise