AIRPORT MARKETING, DIGITAL, AND, PUBLIC RELATIONS SERVICES RFP ISSUED FOR APPLETON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
The Appleton International Airport (ATW) seeks a company or companies with expertise and experience in marketing, advertising, and public relations. The Airport has robust marketing and advertising programs in place and is looking for a creative agency to help make our brand ‘top of mind’ to customers in our market area as well as a public relations team to create clear, expert, and effective communications that are in sync with our brand.
The Airport employs a Marketing Director and a Marketing Specialist, who will be the Company’s contacts. We work in true partnership with our creative agency and expect assets to be freely shared back and forth. Our Marketing Specialist manages our social media accounts; we require limited assistance with social media. The Airport’s commercial service currently includes four airlines: Allegiant, American, Delta, and United. The Airport also owns and markets a US Customs & Border Protection station, an FBO, and an Airport Business Park, all of which may be included in marketing and advertising campaigns.
Scope of Service
The Airport manages integrated campaigns for marketing and advertising services and the expectation is for the successful proposer to assist in developing a mix of broadcast, billboards, digital, social media, and printed materials. For reference, the airport’s media spending in 2021 was around $300,000.
Services requested are limited to airport marketing and advertising. The Company must be able to provide examples of proven results and experience in the following areas‐
1. Experience developing and implementing successful creative concepts, by translating the Airport’s brand positioning statement into customer‐facing B to C campaigns. The Airport doesn’t need assistance with brand positioning, we are looking for creative campaign development and the purchasing of digital advertising.
2. Insightful reporting on campaign results. Show us insights that have improved your clients’ business performance. Review, analyze and improve airport marketing and advertising campaigns. Give examples of how you have updated campaigns in mid-stream, based on analysis of results, and thereby improved the overall campaign performance.
3. A successful agency‐client partnership with one consistent account manager who will become part of our airport marketing and/or digital team. One who provides strong organizational leadership to help lead us through projects and keep them on schedule.
4. Demonstrate flexibility to change and have the ability to meet aggressive timelines based on market conditions.
5. Understand our goals and challenges and deliver smart, approachable creative solutions
6. Presence, when necessary, at meetings with our other partners.
7. Expertise in promotional media, especially digital and social media, for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
8. Website content writing, SEO monitoring and setup as needed, and design all within the marketing objectives while working with multiple partners.
9. Other specialized analyses or reports as required by the airport.
10. Act as ‘digital and social marketing’ subject matter expert, to advise and consult with Airport on new developments, trends, and opportunities.
11. Knowledge of regional Fox Cities’ audiences and messaging related to the Airport’s market area.
Public Relations Scope of Service
The Company must be able to provide examples of proven results and experience in the following areas‐
1. Consulting to help communicate our brand story consistently while we reach, engage, and influence our audiences.
2. Connect people to our brand through various strategies – influencer programs, media events, promotions, and etc.
3. Demonstrate flexibility to change and have the ability to meet short deadlines based on demand.
4. One consistent Account Manager who will become part of the airport public relations team, to provide strong organizational leadership and help lead us through projects and keep them on schedule.
5. Draft news releases, messaging documents, talking points, media Q&As, etc.
6. Tracking coverage and measuring overall efforts.
7. Reporting, monthly or quarterly (including the estimated number of impressions and media value)
8. Presence, when necessary, at meetings with our other partners.
9. Knowledge of regional Fox Cities’ audiences and messaging related to the Airport’s market area.
Due By: December 28
Contact Information Please contact the following if clarification is needed: Airport Information Patrick Tracey Marketing Manager, Airport (920) 968‐5757 Patrick.Tracey@Outagamie.org
Relevant travel PR agencies include Magrino PR and 5WPR.