The Town of High River, Alberta – in Canada – is inviting proposals from public relations and marketing firms to provide Marketing and Communications services.
High River is a people-first community on the Highwood River and is heavily invested in creating an Economic Development Strategy. They want to partner with communications experts to raise the profile of High River and position it as a strong investment opportunity – to live and to build business.
- Looking for creative, innovative and leading edge approaches to gain attention for and position community
- Leverage the research, public consultation, and information collection that have already been completed through prior engagements.
- General attraction messaging encouraging people to choose High River – with an emphasis on working age people/young families and millennials
- Growth-focused entrepreneurs
- Investors – business expansion, relocations, franchises, developers
- Audiences and related messages will get more refined in year 2 and 3
- Strategy development
- Key messaging around flood experience
- Media relations strategy and tactical plan
- Campaign design
- Creative development
- Tactical campaign execution strategy with corresponding budget
- Content design
- Brand identity measurement
- Website redesign
- Digital/social media presence, strategy and tactical implementation plan
- Project Management of media buys
- Keep a view to consistent messaging with partner campaigns and tools – Calgary Regional Partnership, Cool Little Towns, RISE
They want to be in the market as fast as possible for:
- Public relations strategy around the 3rd anniversary of the flood.
- Image building an attraction focused campaign; the target audience is working age (millennials/young families) and entrepreneurs – invite people to experience the possibility – capitalize on the visitor season.
- Economic Development Marketing Strategy – the objective is to build image and reputation as a business friendly community, where your investment will be safe and grow. The target audiences are entrepreneurial minded people who are looking to make an investment and the investment community.
- Envisioning integrated print and digital execution pieces including a new website presence, recommendations around our social media presence, multi-media presentations – we are open to all ideas.
- Overall brand refresh and 2 year attraction campaign – taking/incorporating learning from other studies completed as well as anything we put in-market in 2016.
Proposal due by June 3, 2016 to:
Town of High River
Attention: Jodi Dawson, Manager of Economic Development Renewal
309B Macleod Trail SW High River, AB T1V 1Z5
Edelman PR, Weber Shandwick PR & Porter Novelli all have prominent Canadian operations.