Baltimore Development Corporation Issues Social Media RFP
The purpose of the Baltimore Together social media campaign is to jump-start the accounts and implement ways to reach our multiple audiences with the expressed goal of generating awareness about the initiative and increasing public engagement in an inclusive manner.
The Baltimore Development Corporation (BDC) is the economic development agency for the City of Baltimore. Our mission is to grow the city’s economy in an inclusive manner by retaining, expanding and attracting businesses and promoting investment, thereby increasing career opportunities for residents.
BDC is spearheading Baltimore Together, a public-private initiative to implement a shared vision of inclusive economic growth, with specific goals, actions, and accountability measures over a 5-year period. This initiative will serve as the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for Baltimore City, and includes participation from a wide and diverse range of community partners, business leaders, elected officials, and residents. Please review the Interim Report and other information available at www.BaltimoreTogether.com to get a general idea of the BT initiative.
BDC is seeking a social media agency or consultant to develop and implement a social media awareness campaign for the Baltimore Together initiative. For more information about BDC, please visit www.BaltimoreDevelopment.com
Scope of Work:
We are seking social media agencies to assist with the following:
- Recommend strategy and tactics to reach target audience(s) through social media
- Recommend strategy regarding how frequently to post content to connect and build audience
- Identify and develop engaging content on a consistent basis across all social channels and monitor which themes, keywords and hashtags to track
- Increase followers in the audience segment stated in the proposal with the goal of engaging these followers in the Baltimore Together process to maximize public engagement during the public comment process. A successful social media audience engagement should result in increase in people signing up on the website to receive updates and increase in public comments on the final draft of the report
- Identify ways to leverage social media to build and maintain ongoing public engagement
- Make recommendations on social media ad buys as needed to reach target audience across multiple social media channels
- Provide analytics and reporting on a weekly and monthly basis on agreed-upon metrics such as audience growth, key influencers reached, and ROI of advertising spend. Evaluate and recommend third-party analytics tools as needed
- Review and monitor comments and report any reputational risks to client immediately
- Manage social media platforms
- Make recommendations to client regarding communication strategy and tone of voice of key messages as appropriate
- Evaluate and recommend a strategy regarding the viability of a Baltimore Together podcast series
Due Date: June 30, 2021 5pm
Relevant agencies to consider include Coyne PR and Finn Partners.