The City of Inkster is soliciting proposals from branding and communications professionals to provide a full range internal and external services that include but are not limited to asset assessment, brand assessment and brand strategy. The services should collectively encourage increased “work, play and stay” within the City. These initiatives should also outline effective communication with the public.
Scope of Work:
- Evaluate and audit the effectiveness of City’s existing materials from various departments (letters, memos, website etc.);
- Evaluate and audit internal practices for organizational effectiveness;
- Develop a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis for the City’s review;
- Develop brand identity/platform standards and guidelines for logo, design and signage;
- Develop a comprehensive brand strategy for multi-faceted relationships between departments, programs and public-private partnerships;
- Develop pitches for fresh and unique story angles to local, regional and national media;
- Assist with copywriting and editing of all promotional materials such as fliers, brochures, advertisements, scripts, etc., to maintain brand consistency;
- Develop a strategy to gain organizational consensus for the brand’s implementation into daily use;
- Develop a strategy for marketing the new brand via various strategies, including but not limited to public relations activities, marketing strategies, online/social media strategies, advertising, collateral materials, etc.;
- Create targeted media lists for ongoing initiatives as well as special events;
- Provide staff support at special events and media interviews and city council meetings as needed;
March 19th, 2018
26215 Trowbridge St.
Inkster, MI 48141
PR firms with government experience include Ketchum PR.