The City of Bath issues this request for proposal for the purpose of having the vendor assess the City’s logo and refresh the design, including branded fonts and color scheme. Requirements: This section outlines the work that will be required of you if your proposal is accepted. Use this information to form your proposal.
1. Two versions of the logo required: one with text and one without
i. Text version must include “Bath, Maine” and the City’s tagline: “City of Ships”
ii. Text version must include a serif and sans serif font
2. Logo must be designed as a vector file
3. Logo and branding elements must be provided with native files
4. Logo must be provided in the following formats: Web optimized size, print size, JPEG, PNG, PDF, TIFF, GIF. Please also include CMYK and RGB versions
The City of Bath last revisited its logo in 2014. There are concerns that it should have a more progressive, friendly look while still referencing the City’s iconic maritime history. The refreshed design should also retain elements of the City Flag so that the two designs can be used in tandem. It should be noted that the City logo is separate from the City Seal, which is used on official City documents and a legal necessity. The logo will not be used in place of the Seal, and we are not looking for a redesign of the Seal. Preference to Maine or New England designers, and/or designers who have visited Bath.
THE CITY’S ANTICIPATED USES FOR THE LOGO AND BRANDING ELEMENTS
The City of Bath anticipates the following uses of the logo and branding elements:
1. Use of logo on City website, social media accounts, signage, print collateral, advertising/promotional materials, and other applications as appropriate.
2. Promotion of the logo as a shared asset of the Bath community – logo and branding should be designed with the expectation that businesses, non-profits, schools, and other entities will have access to the logo.
Scope of Work:
The City of Bath is issuing a request for proposal for the purpose of having a vendor assess the City’s logo and refresh the design, including branded fonts and color scheme.
For additional information and proposal submission guidelines, please Click Here (updated 1-29-2021)
Proposals are due by Monday, February 22, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. and should be submitted to: Logo and Branding Elements Proposal, Bath Economic Development Committee, to Lindsey Goudreau, Marketing and Communication Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org Questions? Please call Lindsey Goudreau at (207) 443-8330.
Please follow these guidelines in submitting your proposal:
2. Provide a brief description of your business:
1. Description of specialty areas – link to a website or portfolio if available 2
2. Name(s) of the person(s) to be involved with the redesign
3. Length of experience in design/marketing
4. Contact information
5. Reference(s) from similar projects
1. Detail your experience in design. Have you worked on similar projects? Include formal education and/or comparable experience.
2. Provide a narrative to describe your proposal. How would you approach this logo refresh? What possibilities would you explore? What are your thoughts about the current logo? Feel free to attach sketches to your application.
3. Provide an estimate on the timeline for completion of this project and cost. Please provide a breakdown of your cost estimate. OTHER The Bath Economic Development Committee’s Marketing and Branding Subcommittee will provide the selected vendor with existing native design documents for use in the refresh. Once this project is complete, the City will ask that the vendor sign over all rights to the logo.
SUBMITTAL OF PROPOSAL
Please submit an electronic copy of your proposal by Monday, February 22, 2021, to: Logo and Branding Elements Proposal, Bath Economic Development Committee, to Lindsey Goudreau, Marketing and Communication Specialist at email@example.com. Questions? Please call Lindsey Goudreau at (207) 443-8330. EXISTING MATERIALS (FOR REFERENCE) Fonts: Century Old Style Std and BankGothic Lt BT
Monday, February 22, 2021
CITY OF BATH ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT City Hall COMMITTEE 55 Front Street (207) 443-8331 Bath, Maine 04530
Top Public Relations News:
Facebook PR: Adultery Becoming a Real Issue on Facebook
Choose Employee Incentives for Workplace Motivation
Innovative Public Relations at March Communications
The Government of Nagaland Issues Publicity RFP
PMK-BNC is NOT a Crisis PR Firm: Problem For Jessica Alba’s Honest Company
What Makes “Greens” Clean?
Career Advancement and the Pandemic
Gillette’s Controversial Ad is Nothing New
Survey: Half of All Businesses Do Not Have Social Media Policies
Latest from Vested, Carrie Byalick, Portland Communications, Freud PR, Walker Sands