The City of Vaughan, in Canada is seeking Creative Development and advertising for the City of Vaughan Magazine. With a population of more than 320,000, the City of Vaughan, in the Regional Municipality of York, is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities. That number is expected to grow by more than 30 per cent in the next 16 years to more than 416,600 people by the year 2031. It has a diverse population – in fact, 46 per cent of its population was born outside of Canada – that enjoys a variety of amenities, attractions and services.
Vaughan is in the midst of a transformation from a growing suburban municipality into a fully urban space with a new downtown, a hospital (which will improve access to healthcare and create more employment opportunities) and a subway all in the works. By focusing on continuous improvement, the City is building a strong, vibrant and innovative community that is being recognized locally, nationally and internationally. There is no shortage of things to do in Vaughan. With tourist attractions such as Canada’s Wonderland, Vaughan Mills and the McMichael Canadian Art Collection, and a plethora of amenities – from parks and trails, to community centres and open spaces – there truly is something for everyone. Vaughan also is home to a well-diversified and expanding employment centre with more than 10,900 businesses, including the world or North American headquarters of more than 100 companies, with about 195,000 people employed. That number is projected to reach more than 266,000 jobs in 2031. Vaughan’s economy is powered by small business, with more than 80 per cent of its businesses employing less than 20 people, and, in 2013, the annual value of construction activity surpassed the $1 billion mark for the ninth time in 12 years.
- The City of Vaughan is requesting proposals from qualified proponents to partner in the creation of a magazine focused on Vaughan.
- The principal purpose of the magazine is to provide both residents and visitors to the City of Vaughan with information about the community, including but not limited to City and business news and entertainment, recreation and culture opportunities.
- The magazine would feature an offset centre spread – with content written by the City of Vaughan – that serves as the City’s annual report, featuring successes and milestones achieved in the past year.
- The magazine would be delivered to businesses and all homes in Vaughan, and also include an overrun. In total, approximately 110,000 copies would be required.
- The successful Proponent shall look for innovative ideas and consider being responsible for the following:
- Managing the project, including the supplier;
- Selling of advertisement space;
- Producing all design and artwork, including design, layout, proofs and photography;
- Producing the majority of the verbiage – excluding the features supplied by the City – with direction and approval from the City. This includes producing quality of- life- pieces that focus on demographics, business, recreation amenities and cultural opportunities
- Copy editing of the entire publication;
- Printing the magazine;
Proposal due on May 15, 2017 to:
The Procurement Services Department, City Hall,
2141 Major Mackenzie Drive, Level 100
Vaughan, Ontario, L6A 1T1
Top Public Relations News:
News about Dukas Linden PR, Portland Communications, Brownstein Group, and Ketchum
Rubenstein Public Relations Wins 3 Real Estate Clients
Florida Municipal Power Needs Their Intranet Re-Powered With Digital Media Firm
City of Berkeley Issues Marketing & Communications RFP
Marketing RFP Issued By Illinois Green Alliance
Lynch Associates Acquired By MWW, Anthony Weiner’s PR Company?
Cherokee Nation Businesses Issues Marketing RFP
Virtual World Marketing: Good for Brands?
Indian Tourism Needs Help In Russia, Brazil & Spain
5 Brands with Great Content