Canadian Public Relations and Travel Trade Services
The purpose and intent of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to enter into a contract for a period of two years (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2023) with an option to renew through June 30, 2025, upon the agreement of both parties and the Governor and Executive Council. The qualified firm will serve as the NH Department of Business and Economic Affairs (Agency), Division of Travel and Tourism Development’s (DTTD) public relations representative in the U.S. market, increasing brand awareness among consumer audiences. DTTD seeks a company to develop and execute an innovative, brand-aligned PR/trade program, targeting a variety of channels and complementing DTTD’s advertising/marketing program. The selected vendor will execute DTTD’s Canadian public relations and travel trade program. The program will include development of a strategy that fits within New Hampshire’s overall brand platform and marketing program. The following must be achieved:
• Increased visitation from Canada;
• Serve as DTTD’s key in-market partner;
• Create and execute innovative campaigns within Toronto, Montreal, and/or other predetermined DMA’s;
• Generate press trips;
• Plan and execute media events; and
• Build relationships with press and travel trade.
Travel and tourism is New Hampshire’s second largest industry, producing $5.6 billion in visitor spending, employing approximately 49,000 full- and part-time jobs.
The Department of Business and Economic Affairs, Division of Travel and Tourism’s mission is promote New Hampshire as a domestic and international travel destination in order to increase visitation and travel expenditures, business activity, and employment throughout the state. DTTD oversees a variety of marketing activities, including advertising, publication development, cooperative marketing initiatives, public relations, tradeshows, and consumer events.
Scope of Work:
Using a $200,000 funding level, proposals must be based on a 12-month period of time and address each item listed below:
• Work with DTTD staff and key partners to develop a strategic plan, setting earned media goals for each year;
• Maintain and audit a targeted media list;
• Develop a proactive news bureau, including releases/pitches, updated press kit/materials; image library;
• Assist with reactive media requests and inquiries;
• Arrange and manage media appointments for DTTD staff and industry partners in key domestic markets;
• Plan and execute media events;
• Secure top tier media for New Hampshire’s annual reception in New York City and Boston;
• Facilitate visiting journalist program, securing a minimum of six individual press trips;
• Work in tandem with DTTD’s Agency of Record to develop and execute a digital influencer strategy;
• Increase level of awareness of the importance of the work that department/division does and tourism within the state;
• Provide monthly reporting that includes achieved clips, as well as additional reports as requested;
• Develop annual end-of-the-year report;
• Upload PR results into DTTD’s dashboard;
• Attend industry events;
April 15, 2021, 2:30PM EST
Amy Bassett, Deputy Director Amy.O.Bassett@livefree.nh.gov
Relevant agencies to consider include Zeno Group and Prosek Partners.