CITY OF KEMAH ISSUES MARKETING RFP
The City of Kemah is seeking proposals from companies for marketing and social media services related to the City and it’s “destination” appeal for 2020- 2021 campaign. The City of Kemah Request for Proposal (RFP) for Destination Marketing Services requires responses which will be evaluated based on an agency’s creative and production capabilities, destination marketing experience, research capabilities, agency/joint venture staffing capabilities, billing prices and more. Since launching the Baycation Marketing program on a regional basis in 2019-2020 the City of Kemah has become a destination for shopping, dining, hospitality and entertainment. In 2021, the trend is expected to change due to COVID-19. The Destination Marketing budget will address the brand positioning as a destination to emphasize the shopping, dining, hospitality and entertainment available within the City.
Located just 30 minutes south of Houston, Texas and minutes from Hobby Airport, The City of Kemah is a destination for leisure guests, business travelers and groups of all sizes. Visitors to Kemah and residents of the community enjoy shopping, a variety of dining and live music venues, entertainment options, sailing, boating and kayaking on Galveston Bay, Kemah features many experiences for visitors to include: Fishing Tournaments, Summer Fireworks, Themed Festival, Miss Kemah Pageant, Cops and Crawfish, Christmas Boat Parade and Festivities, etc. Kemah is home to more than 288 guestrooms in upscale and boutique properties.
Scope of Work:
The proposal should include: – City of Kemah marketing focus for 2021 and the Kemah Tourism marketing for 2021 –
• Identify and target our “new consumer” traveling by car within 300 mile radius vs by air
– Robust social media campaign including, making social media posts weekly and 4 scheduled post per platform weekly
• Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.
– Demographics and how they have changed since COVID
• Age Demographic Segments
• Life Cycle Demographic Segments
• Gender Demographic Segments
• Income Demographic Segments
• Religion, Race, and Nationality Segments
– Design signage for two electronic billboards
– Report Website and Social Media statistics to City Council quarterly with update and restructure of focus based on ever changing trends
– Coordinate with BACVB to mimic regional branding set forth in 2021 Proposals should be submitted to Walter Gant, City Administrator, no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, October 22, 2020 in the offices of The City of Kemah, 1401 Hwy 146, Kemah, Texas 77565-3002. Documents may be downloaded from The City of Kemah website, www.Kemah-TX.gov, from the homepage. You can also contact Melissa Chilcote, City of Kemah City Secretary, at 281.334.1611 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about The City of Kemah services, please visit any one of the following social media links:
• www.twitter.com/visitkemahtx Be sure to like and follow our social media accounts for regular updates and information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION Walter Gant, City Administrator The City Of Kemah 281.334.1611
Relevant agencies include Shift Communications and Zeno Group.