Gillette and Campbell County are interested in retaining a firm or set of firms that will design, develop, and implement a strategic advertising and public relations campaign that, in collaboration with Gillette and Campbell County, will: i. Incorporate the Carbon Valley Blueprint, (to be completed fall 2019 by Lone Tree Academics, LLC), promote local awareness of outreach efforts to develop a base of local advocates for Carbon Valley as a destination for companies working on advanced carbon product development and CCUS. ii. Identify target advanced carbon research organizations regionally, nationally and internationally for marketing and public relations outreach. iii. Increase profile/brand awareness to position Carbon Valley as a prime location for relocation and expansion in key target industries. iv. Develop marketing and promotion strategies for an international Carbon Conference to be hosted in Campbell County.
Campbell County and the City of Gillette have focused considerable resources on creating an inviting and engaging community for individuals and families. Campbell County is located close to several outdoor activities, including hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, and snow sports. Additionally, Campbell County has one of the lowest effective tax rates in the nation.
Campbell County is also home to significant mineral reserves, including the largest coal reserves in the U.S. Wyoming is the Nation’s leading source of inexpensive, low-sulfur coal. Low sulfur coal is an important aspect of meeting environmental standards aimed at reducing air pollution.
Furthermore, from a transportation standpoint, Campbell County is located on a major interstate corridor. Additional transportation services include a major railway hub and a commercial airport.
Despite the broad range of activities that add value and create a high quality of living, low taxes, and proximity to coal stock, Campbell County struggles to attract business to our region. More specifically, we struggle to attract national and foreign companies that are conducting carbon-based research for advanced carbon products and carbon capture use and storage (CCUS).
A contributing factor is that Campbell County and the City of Gillette have never engaged in a sophisticated marketing campaign designed to highlight the significant opportunities that exist here.
Campbell County is uniquely situated to brand and market itself as Carbon Valley: The World Capital of Advanced Carbon Research and Development. Advanced carbon research includes nontraditional uses for coal such as carbon fiber or graphene, as well as carbon capture utilization and storage.
Campbell County has an opportunity to create a thoughtful marketing strategy designed to attract international companies and organizations currently engaged in coal research. To accomplish this task, Campbell County needs a strategic marketing plan based on our resources and desired outcomes, as well as the culture of target companies and organizations.
Scope of Work:
The selected firm(s) will be expected to service the marketing, branding, and public relations needs of the City of Gillette and Campbell County in the development of Carbon Valley. The following includes a sample of the required services:
Marketing & Branding
• Develop community branding ideas, including logo and slogans to define Carbon Valley; and to effectively and successfully raise awareness and connect with target audiences.
• Create branding strategies to brand Gillette/Campbell County as Carbon Valley, the research and development capital for CCUS and advanced carbon products.
• Create coordinated marketing campaigns (print, broadcast, digital, online, email, etc.) to include a written plan addressing objectives, audience/market description, strategies, tactics, and budgets.
• Creative strategy and design (reports, advertising, and visual display, broadcast, or social media materials).
• Concept development, including quality graphic design.
• Develop an original copy (text), copywriting, and editing. Languages may also include Chinese, Japanese, or other identified foreign languages.
• Provide guidance on cultural considerations for identified foreign markets/organizations.
• Media planning & buying: media negotiations, client meetings, correspondence related to specific media plans/buys.
• Strategic planning for local, regional, national, and international markets.
• Build messaging that can be used in various channels including earned media, social media, and paid traditional media to geo-target key audiences through relevant channels to drive awareness, create an emotional connection and education on key actions.
• Create messaging to drive interaction and build excitement through sharing relevant content and providing opportunities to interact with Carbon Valley.
• Develop a concrete social media strategy using tools like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
• Develop and pitch storylines and press releases, fact sheets, issue briefings, and industry highlights to the media.
• Identify and submit Carbon Valley governments, organizations, and businesses for industry award opportunities.
• Support communication efforts (i.e., blog posts, monthly newsletters, etc.) as needed.
• Develop and maintain targeted media lists (local, trade, national, and international).
• Strengthen relationships with the local community.
• Integration of survey systems for feedback
November 8, 2019
Top Public Relations News:
4 Pinterest Tips for Nonprofits
Roger Ailes Saga hits peak crazy
AOL’s Alto Makes Your Inbox Pretty
State of Nevada Issues Marketing & PR RFP
Chautauqua County Overland Trails Issues Branding RFP
Social Media Strategies Summit, Miami
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA Seeks Media Agency
Lady Gaga PR Model, the Ideal Online Strategy for Small Businesses
Colorado State University Issues Media RFP
PR Genius: Oprah Winfrey