Communications RFP Issued by Broward County Board of County Commissioners, FL
Scope of Work:
Broward County seeks qualified firms to provide Advertising, Communications and Marketing Services for Broward County’s Office of Public Communications and other Broward County Agencies on an as needed basis. It is the County’s intent to establish two Qualified Vendor Lists (QVL) of firms for the services in one or more of the Categories listed below. The first QVL will contain certified County Business Enterprise Firms. The second QVL will be open to all firms, both certified and non-certified. Firms may propose for as many Categories within their assigned designation as they choose. All Broward County agencies will be eligible to use the Qualified Vendor Lists for Advertising, Communications and Marketing Services projects. The determination of whether each individual project is appropriate for QVL procurement will be made by the Contract Administrator. The County is seeking a five-year term with no renewal options. The County reserves the right to open the QVL as deemed appropriate, for inclusion of additional qualified Vendors. Pre-qualification and inclusion into one or both of the QVL’s does not guarantee that any services shall actually be procured or awarded to the pre-qualified provider. County may elect to award some, all, or none of the needed services in any particular category to one or more of the prequalified providers, or County may elect to obtain needed services through a different procurement method or from other providers. This pre-qualification lists will be established based on the following Categories:
Category 1 – Research and Planning
Category 2 – Media
Category 3 – Writing and Design
Category 4 – Digital Marketing
Category 5 – Video Production
Category 6 – Events and Outreach
Category 7 – Crisis Communications
2. Description of Categories
Category 1 – Research and Planning Services within this category shall include tasks associated with strategic marketing and communications planning. Examples of activities within this category are as follows:
1. Creation and development of strategic marketing, advertising, communications, and media (traditional and digital) plans.
2. Periodic assessment and updating of plans.
3. Conduct surveys and organize and facilitate other public outreach activities, such as focus groups or town halls, to test marketing concepts, assess customer satisfaction and formulate future activities.
4. Formulate and implement branding strategies and designs as needed to support County objectives.
5. Conduct Quality Assurance of agency adherence to branding standards, including performing surveys and compiling comprehensive reports and analyses of agency efforts across the enterprise.
6. Assist County in identification and targeting of key audiences to ensure equity and inclusion.
7. Identify, enlist, and utilize “Trusted Voices” who can help the County enforce its brand and communications strategy.
Category 2 – Media
Services within this category shall include tasks associated with the purchase and placement of media. Examples of activities within this category are as follows:
1. Planning, negotiating, and placing paid and non-paid media (traditional and digital), including value-added media.
2. Report metrics of media buys completed on behalf of County, including but not limited to total impressions, costs, media run times, and all images, video, print transcripts and audio.
3. In collaboration with using agency, compile and maintain list of media contacts covering the County’s various lines of business, including but not limited to major media, community, and ethnic outlets; local, national, and/or international; periodically assess and update list.
4. In collaboration with using agency, create and produce a media information kit in various languages.
5. Train County spokespersons in effectively conducting news conferences and responding to media inquiries, including rehearsal of significant interview or event.
6. In collaboration with using agency, assist in management/response to the spread of rumors and/or inaccurate information.
7. Strategically distribute press releases to media outlets on behalf of County. Please note that for this category (Category 2) all contracts shall be entered into as an independent contractor and not as an agent of or on behalf of the County.
Category 3 – Writing and Design
Services within this category shall include tasks associated with the creation of written or visual deliverables. Examples of activities within this category are as follows:
1. Research, write, submit, and follow up on behalf of County to secure placement of opinion pieces, guest editorials and participations in editorial boards by County officials.
2. Help County create key messages including briefing sheets for specific campaigns and initiatives.
3. Gather information, research, and complete individual writing assignments, such as annual reports, brochures and other print and digital collateral, including websites, audio, and video scripts, in multiple languages if requested.
4. Design (for print and digital) reports, presentations, brochures, and other collateral, in multiple languages, if requested. Create graphics, including infographics for print and digital communications.
5. Prepare speeches, talking points and other materials for key County spokespersons, adapting the style and tone to the individual speaking.
6. Create Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-accessible version of County documents.
7. Perform translation services, and consultation on multicultural diversity and inclusion.
Category 4 – Digital Marketing Services within this category shall include tasks associated with the development and implementation of a social media protocol for County agencies. Examples of activities within this category are as follows:
1. Make recommendations for effectively staffing and managing a social media program.
2. In collaboration with using agency, create and maintain a calendar of digital media content.
3. Manage subject matter specific, two-way 24/7 social media accounts as requested.
4. Monitor social media for both positive and negative comments and respond appropriately on behalf of the County.
5. Conceptualize, develop and implement email and social media marketing campaigns, organic and paid, and report metrics of same, including but not limited to total impressions, costs, media run times and all images, video, print transcripts and audio.
6. Report metrics on County social media accounts and identify social media trends that may influence public opinion. Flag potential issues as they arise and report timely.
7. Develop and maintain special purpose websites as requested, actively marketing them as a resource with current, up-to-date information, changing visuals and interactivity; all such websites must be mobile-friendly and ADA-accessible.
8. Create and manage marketing apps for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Web, iOS and Android, incorporating latest technologies.
9. Manage online content including photo galleries.
10. Make recommendations for search engine optimization and marketing. Category 5 – Video Production Services within this category shall include tasks associated with producing original video content. Examples of activities within this category are as follows:
1. Writing, producing and editing original, short and/or long-feature video programming in multiple languages (e.g. public service announcements, video shorts, documentary-style programming; including but not limited to script development, videography, audio editing/sweetening, video editing, motion graphics, graphics, grip services, production coordinator, and 3D animation).
2. Plan and execute photography assignments. 3. Create, organize, and manage a library of B-roll footage.
Category 6 – Events and Outreach Services within this category shall include tasks associated with community engagement. Examples of activities within this category are as follows:
1. Recommending, planning, and implementing special events that engage the community in County government and garner press coverage.
2. Provide simultaneous American Sign Language interpretation for news conferences or other events as determined by the County.
3. Organize and hold news conferences, securing the services of a sign language interpreter when necessary or desired, and/or assist in providing media spokespersons that are speakers of other languages (especially Spanish and Creole).
4. Identify opportunities for County and Community stakeholders to participate in speaking opportunities.
5. Provide audio-visual support for events and activities.
6. In collaboration with using agency, conduct outreach to increase County’s base of volunteer supporters.
7. Secure third-party partners to support events, through County-approved programs such as Advantage Marketing.
Category 7 – Crisis Communications
Services within this category shall include tasks associated with crisis response. Examples of activities within this category are as follows:
1. Preparing concepts and a detailed framework for a County crisis response plan. Identify stakeholders and appropriate media outlets to develop and place targeted messaging for crisis communications.
2. Provide rapid response, on-call assistance to the County in communications regarding emergent or sensitive issues, including in traditional and digital/social media.
3. Monitor traditional and social media for significant communications related to County issues.
4. Provide rapid response, on-call messaging targeted to leisure and business travelers visiting or potentially visiting, Broward County.
5. Facilitate after-action reviews and crisis de-briefing opportunities.
115 S. Andrews Ave, Rm 212
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Relevant agencies to consider include Zeno Group and Finn Partners.