Council on Aging (COA) Request for Proposals (RFP) for Advertising Services
Submission Deadline: Noon, November 1, 2023
Introduction and Purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP):
Council on Aging (COA) seeks to contract with a qualified, full-service advertising firm to provide comprehensive advertising services during fiscal year 2024 (Oct. 1, 2023 – Sept. 30, 2024). The purpose of this RFP is to identify an agency partner with a proven track record of developing and executing successful advertising campaigns for clients in the social service and non-profit industries. The budget for this one-year contract will not exceed $284,000.
About Council on Aging
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence, dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
Founded in 1971, COA is part of the national aging services network and is a state-designated Area Agency on Aging for Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties. COA serves as the “front door” through which individuals can access the wide variety of aging- and disability-related programs and services available in the region. In an unbiased capacity, COA’s role is to help individuals navigate the complicated long-term care system to identify programs and services to best meet their needs.
As an Area Aging on Agency, COA is responsible for planning, coordinating and administering local, state and federally funded programs and services for older adults, people with disabilities and caregivers in our planning and service area.
Council on Aging’s mission is to enhance lives by assisting people to remain independent through a range of quality services.
Annually, COA provides in-home care services to more than 26,000 individuals and receives more than 58,000 requests for information and referral.
Council on Aging receives funding from a variety of local, state and federal sources. County tax levies provide about 40 percent of Council on Aging’s funding. State and federal funding, including Medicaid funded programs, provide another 55 percent. Additional state and federal funds, client contributions donations and other supports provide the remaining revenue. For a more detailed look at COA’s funding and expenses, read our annual report. The selected partner may be subject to local, state and federal procurement guidelines when purchasing goods and services (including advertising) on COA’s behalf.
COA’s Advertising Goals and Objectives
COA seeks to partner with an advertising agency to develop a comprehensive, regional advertising campaign that will:
• Raise awareness of Council on Aging as the regional “front door” for aging related services, resources and information.
Build community trust in COA services – among all primary stakeholders (see below).
• Build community trust in COA staff – among all primary stakeholders.
COA covers a large service area and serves a growing population. Our service area includes: Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties.
Our primary stakeholders include: older adults, caregivers, individuals with disabilities, professional referral sources, service providers and funders.
Internal Communications Team
During this contract, the successful bidder will work closely with COA’s Director of Community and other members of the Communications Department to develop and execute an overall advertising strategy. The department consists of: a Director; Strategic Communications Consultant; Communications Specialist-Events; and Communications Specialist-Community Outreach.
COA has worked with a variety of external partners to plan and execute various advertising campaigns but has never contracted with a full-service agency of record.
Existing Advertising and Marketing Channels
Using internal and external resources and partners, COA currently uses the following channels for marketing and advertising purposes:
Current/Past Paid Advertising Channels Other Marketing Channels
Facebook/Instagram Agency Website
Display (Google Ads Network) Twitter
Search/Pay Per Click Google Business Profile
YouTube Email Marketing and SMS (Constant Contact)
Print – Newspaper, magazines, special publications
Professional organization digital and print advertising
Scope of Work:
The selected bidder must demonstrate capacity to complete the scope of work on time and on budget,
including the following:
• The assigned project team must be ready to begin work December 1, 2023
• COA should have active advertising campaigns in place January 1, 2024-September 30, 2024
• Final invoicing for this contract must be dated and received by September 30, 2024
• Conduct an analysis of COA’s current advertising efforts, industry trends and competitive landscape.
• Develop a comprehensive advertising strategy aligned with COA’s goals and target audience, including specific strategies aimed at reaching a diverse, regional audience.
• Provide recommendations on the most suitable advertising channels and outlets (e.g., digital, print, broadcast, sponsorships and partnerships) for achieving our goals and reaching our audience effectively.
• Create compelling and innovative advertising concepts that align with COA’s branding and connect with COA’s stakeholders to drive desired outcomes.
• Develop multimedia content in support of the overall strategy.
Campaign Execution, Measurement and Reporting:
• Execute advertising campaigns across channels, ensuring consistent messaging and branding.
• Set clear and measurable campaign goals based on industry standards and relevant comparables.
• Set up tracking mechanisms, including Google Analytics, to measure the impact of advertising efforts.
• Monitor campaign performance and make necessary adjustments to optimize results.
• Implement strategies to increase online engagement and drive website traffic.
• Provide detailed reports on key performance indicators (KPIs) and insights on campaign effectiveness and outcomes.
• Offer recommendations for future improvements based on data analysis.
Media Buying and Placement:
• Determine the optimal media mix for each campaign.
• Negotiate favorable rates for media placement and manage advertising budgets efficiently.
• Receive and pay invoices on behalf of COA.