The Framework Convention Alliance Seeks Website Redesign
The Framework Convention Alliance (FCA) would like to invite bids to redesign its current website, www.fctc.org and develop a membership database.
The new multilingual website and membership database will be an online resource centre for global public health advocates working toward a world free from the devastating health, social, economic and environmental consequences of tobacco and tobacco use. Most content of the new website will come from the current FCA website, which will remain available on a sub-domain until the new website is fully functional. In addition to the new website, we will develop a new membership database, currently available at www.fctc.org/about-fca/membership/membership-directory.
We aim to create a knowledge hub making it easy to:
- Find news releases, factsheets, policy briefs, publications, etc.
- Be involved in activities, events or projects at local and global levels.
- Search a membership database.
- Track member profiles and activity updates.
FCA’s target audience includes:
- Members. FCA brings together nearly 500 non-governmental organizations from over 100 countries, who work toward a world free of the devastating consequences of tobacco and tobacco use.
- Government officials. Decision-makers and influencers are the primary FCA advocacy target.
- The public. FCA cultivates public goodwill toward its work and the need to free the world from tobacco harms.
Scope of Work:
At launch, the supplier will include the following features:
- Multilingual (English, French, Spanish)
- Newsletter subscription (Mailchimp)
- Blog with comments and RSS feed
- Image and video slider on the homepage
- Donation form with ability to pay via Paypal and credit card
- Resource center (publications / documents / multimedia library)
- Events calendar (highlights dates and toggles between months)
- Keyword search
- SEO with keyword-friendly page titles and alt tags on images
- Google Analytics to track key metrics including document downloads
- Automated backup function
- Documentation about the site’s configuration and any custom features The membership database should contain the following features:
- Member information, which can be filtered, updated, segmented and shared with key FCA staff
- Ability to create custom surveys
- Bare-bones event management Project Management
The Communications Manager will be the main contact for the selected supplier. He will sign-off on design, website architecture, graphic look and feel, user navigation, homepage, main navigation templates, development solutions, etc. The supplier will test the website on the latest versions of popular browsers, as well as on an Android phone, an iPhone and tablets.
The selected supplier may collaborate with FCA’s web host for changes, updates and with FCA’s graphic designer for the visual elements. This project does not include a rebranding component.
Digital PR firms could include Cohn & Wolfe or Peppercomm.