Hartford Community College Issues Branding RFP
Harford Community College has issued an RFP for branding development services as they seek an agency to create and test a new brand identity that encompasses all aspects of visual identity and builds a comprehensive system for the College.
Harford Community College (HCC) provides high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunities and services that promote professional competence, economic development, and an improved quality of a life in a multicultural community; HCC helps individuals increase their level of educational attainment, helps prepare and sustain an educated workforce, and serves as the community’s center for recreation, wellness and the cultural arts.
Scope of Work:
The Consultant shall develop creative elements that include three (3) design concepts, logos, messages, tagline and other products to support the overall brand initiative.
A minimum of three (3) distinct creative campaign options shall be presented based on the results of the market research conducted by Simpson Scarborough in 2016-17 which will be provided.
Consultant shall be working collaboratively with HCC’s marketing team.
The Consultant shall:
- Create a visual identity (logo and wordmark and rollout advertising campaign) that is vibrant and reflects the future of the College.
- Develop a full identity system including tagline, style guide, color, typography, graphic elements, photography etc. for use and the capability of use in the following:
- Print and electronic advertising
- Website design
- Media placement
- Public relations
- Conduct testing to gauge audience reaction, validate selection and finalize the selected identity.
- Ensure the identity system incorporates all divisions of the College providing flexibility for each unit to respond to its specific audiences while still reinforcing the over arching brand of the College as a whole.
- The College faces a unique challenge with the APGFCU Arena which was built in 2012; APGFCU has naming rights through 2027. This needs to be taken into consideration with the new brand.
- Develop guidelines, key templates and examples that can be used for future reference to showcase how the brand can flex for different needs.
- Conduct training/workshops leading up to and following the launch to involve and educate campus clients and peers throughout the process.
- The Consultant shall develop an action plan for implementation of the brand in sufficient detail to allow staff to understand the approach and work plan.
- The action plan shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Recommended positioning of logo and brand guidelines
- Implementation plans for brand identity applications
Proposals are due on May 18th, 2017 to:
Harford Community College
Hickory Center, Room 132
401 Thomas Run Road
Bel Air Maryland 21015
Agencies who may succeed at this include Zeno Group and Ketchum PR.