San Antonio Seeks Healthy PR Agency
San Antonio is looking for a PR Agency to tackle a recent health issue in the area. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released a more stringent “health-based” air pollution (ozone) standard on October 1, 2015, potentially impacting San Antonio’s air quality attainment status. Air quality is a significant priority for the Alamo Region, as it has an impact on our community’s public and economic health.
The City of San Antonio’s air quality mission is based on two predominant values: the health of our residents and a thriving economy.
- Healthy Residents- Ozone can inflame the airways, causing symptoms such as chest pain, coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath – even in healthy people. These effects can be more serious in people with lung diseases, such as asthma. The groups considered most at risk from ozone are children, people with asthma and other lung diseases, older adults, and adults who are active or work outside.
- Thriving Economy – A stricter federal air quality standard means additional regulations for businesses that plan to expand or are potentially relocating to San Antonio.
In 2017, the Alamo Area Council of Governments and the City of San Antonio will release two high profile studies – “The Economic Cost of Non-Attainment” and the “Cost of Non-Attainment on Public Health”. The findings and data from these studies will need to be formulated into a plain language campaign to target neighborhoods, regional business and medical communities to encourage a call to action to incorporate pollution reduction measures within their daily lives and business operations. The information will be distributed via social media, print media with industry & stakeholder roundtables. The estimated budget amount is not to exceed $75,000.00. The anticipated outcomes of this campaign are as follows:
- Authenticate Affiliation Outcomes: members of the business and medical community as well as the general public will understand how they are connected to the regional air quality values of healthy air and thriving economy.
- Transactional Outcomes: the business and medical communities and the general public will share the information with other members of their neighborhoods, industry and their consumers
- Transitional Outcomes: the business and medical communities and the general public will adopt measures within their business operations to reduce air pollution
SCOPE OF SERVICE
- Public Relations Work:
- Customization of campaign messaging using the most popular types of media to engage with our various target audiences (general public and business community)
- Coordination of presentations to educate the business community and the general public about air quality through stakeholder groups (young professional organizations, chambers of commerce, industry groups, neighborhood associations)
- Development of speeches, talking points and other presentation materials
- Story pitches to local media (magazines, newspaper, radio blogs)
- Survey target audiences at the close of events and ad campaigns to gauge their level of understanding of air quality non-attainment and the actions they should adopt in their daily lives and/or business operations
- Writing and placement of op-eds in local and regional publications
- Social Media Campaign Buys
- Development of creative – messages and graphics associated with advertisement
- Management of ad buys to promote public meetings and round table discussions
- Consultant Creative Work
- Art work & graphic design for web infographics and social media posts
- Art work & graphic design layout for collateral materials, such as one pagers, flyers and presentations
- Management, planning and attendance of a minimum of four “Cost of Non-Attainment “ public meetings in partnership with chambers of commerce, medical community & community stakeholders and the general public
Office of the City Clerk
Attn: Office of Sustainability “RFP for Regional Community Education and Outreach for Non-Attainment of Air Quality”
P.O. Box 839966
San Antonio, Texas 78283-3966
PR firms in Texas include Ketchum PR, Taylor PR & Edelman PR.