The Indian River Lagoon is one of 28 estuaries in the country designated by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an “estuary of national significance” under Section 320 of the Federal Clean Water Act. The National Estuary Program (NEP) was established to protect and restore nationally significant estuaries threatened or impaired by pollution, development, and overuse. The Indian River Lagoon is recognized as one of the most biologically diverse estuaries in the nation supporting a $3.7 billion regional economy.
Indian River Lagoon National Estuary Program (IRL NEP) is seeking a branding and digital media agency.
They have issued an RFP, and preference will be given to a communications/branding firm or team that can demonstrate expertise and excellence in delivery of the stated and capacity to provide the following services:
- A strategic combination of communication skill sets and experiences that will guide communication product development for IRL Council and IRL NEP internal and external communications.
- Succinct and aligned messages and visual graphics that communicate difficult conservation and restoration messages to a diverse community of stakeholders, policy makers and citizens.
- Effective design, strategic branding, compelling stories, and strong graphics to support a comprehensive, multi-faceted communication campaign delivered across a variety of communication platforms, including a robust, interactive web site, social media, seminars, public speaking engagements, and video.
- Stories to enhance public and stakeholder education and appreciation for the social, economic and environmental assets of the Indian River Lagoon and foster greater collaboration among strategic partners throughout the IRL region.
To be successful, the IRL NEP must:
- Develop a strong, accessible, interactive and trusted communication network with a diverse community of internal and external stakeholders, including representatives and citizens from public, private and independent sectors.
- Deliver clear, compelling, science-based messages that unify our citizens and communities to engage in restoration and stewardship of the Indian River Lagoon.
- Develop brand recognition for the IRL Council and reorganized IRL NEP.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: PRELIMINARY SCOPE OF WORK
TASK 1: NEW WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT:
The IRL NEP website serves as the organization’s primary mode of communicating both internally to the IRL NEP Management Conference and externally to the public, our stakeholders, partner organizations and elected officials. It is our first line of communication linking the IRL NEP to a diverse audience of 5 counties, 50 cities and 1.7 million residents. The IRL NEP community reaches beyond the IRL region to all of Florida and the nation. Key links at a state and national level will be made to the US EPA, 27 NEPs nationwide, Association of National Estuary Programs (ANEP), and other estuary network resources.
TASK 2: BRAND DEVELOPMENT AND ALIGNMENT
The value of brand development and alignment for the IRL Council and IRL NEP cannot be overstated. The successful restoration and stewardship of the Indian River Lagoon depends upon our ability to implement the aspirational message of our program tagline: “One Lagoon – One Community– One Voice”. With responsibility to represent federal, state and local government agencies and 1.7 million citizens from 5 counties and 50 cities, a strategic brand development and alignment strategy represents both a challenge and historic opportunity.
Proposal due by August 1, 2016 to:
Indian River Lagoon National Estuary Program ATTN: Kathleen Hill
1235 Main Street, Sebastian City Hall Complex, Sebastian, FL 32958
Top Public Relations News:
Porter Novelli Hired by Ashbury as Pr Agency
Fyre Festival Guilty of Fraud
University Of Alabama Issues Branding RFP
CITY OF BURLINGTON, VERMONT ISSUES LOBBYING RFP
Virgin Mobile Australia Bets on Doug Pitt in Advertising
Santa Monica Issues Media Relations RFP
MWWPR, Kekst & 42 West PR News
Valley Community Services Seeks Agency For Opioid Prevention Campaign
Four Communications to Acquire Dubai Rival
Digital PR Next Practices Summit by PRNews