King George County, Virginia, a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia and a body politic, (County), herein referred to as KGC, sets forth its intent to consider proposals for event planning services for its 300th Anniversary Celebration.
King George County was created by an Act of Assembly on November 24, 1720, and will celebrate its 300th Anniversary in 2020. A series of monthly events is proposed, beginning with a 300th Anniversary Founders’ Day Proclamation in November, 2019, to support a year-long celebration culminating in November, 2020.
Scope of Work:
KGC invites professional event planners and interested parties to submit a proposal to KGC. KGC will commit Tourism funding to support event/rental fees and marketing and merchandising materials. KGC staff will provide support to the selected vendor as necessary to fulfill the project goals.
The selected vendor will perform the duties of Event Planner, Talent Buyer, and Producer of the King George County Tricentennial; will coordinate all aspects of vendor logistics, obtain necessary permits, sound production, lighting, stage managements, and stage labor as needed. KGC will consider waiving inspection fees for event permits, consistent with the policies and plans of KGC.
The selected vendor will provide planning for events such as the following previously-identified monthly programs:
· November 2019: Founders’ Day Proclamation, Kick-off Event for 300th Anniversary Celebration
· December 2019: King George County Lights Up for Holiday Magic, Lighting of County Holiday Tree/Live Music/Santa/Refreshments
· January/February 2020: Celebrating King George’s Commitment to Education
· April 2020: Garden Club of Virginia 2020 Garden Week, King George Garden Tour
· May 2020: Honoring Those Who Served, Memorial Day Program, Commemoration and Dedications
· June 2020: Naturally Beautiful, Exploring the Parks & Trails of King George, a County-wide 2-day event
· June 2020: The Civil War in King George, Anniversary of the Battle of Mathias Point
· July 4th 2020: Celebrating Freedom, A Grand Independence Day Celebration, Military Review & Parade/Game/Food/Fireworks
· August 2020: RiverFest 2020, Celebrating the Rappahannock and Potomac Rivers, Family Fun and Water Activities/Fishing Tournament/River Nature Tours
· September 2020: A Festival of King George Churches
· September 2020: A Rich Bounty/King George’s Evolution of Farming & Agriculture, Displays/Expanded Markets/Field to Table Events
· October 2020: King George Fall Festival & Native American Programs
· November 2020: Tours will include history, architecture, music & refreshments
· December 2020: King George County Lights Up for Holiday Magic, Lighting of County Holiday Tree/Live Music/Santa/Refreshments.
The selected vendor will be required to attend in-person and/or teleconference meetings on a regular basis to ensure King George County representatives are apprised of the progress of event planning. Meetings and updates may be attended by the members of the official Tricentennial Planning Committee, and/or the County Administrator, in his capacity as Chair of said committee. The selected vendor or the vendor’s designated staff is required to be present at each of the planned events.
March 15th, 2019.
King George County Procurement Manager
10459 Courthouse Drive, Suite 201
King George, VA 22485
Agencies with relevant experience include Porter Novelli and W2O group.
Top Public Relations News:
North Miami Beach Issues Media Relations RFP
Brand Content RFP Issued By South Africa Tourism
Beckerman PR: A New Jersey Mid-Size Independent
Mildred’s Temple Kitchen Calls for Sex This Valentine’s Day Weekend
TEXAS LAND OFFICE ISSUES MARKETING & ADVERTISING RFP
California University of Pennsylvania Issues Digital Advertising RFP
Workspace Was Never Easier Than With Loosecubes
Cannabis PR To-Do From Cannabis PR Pros
Green PR: How to Save Planet Earth One Home At A Time
Publicis Groupe Acquires CNC