LCC is soliciting proposals for marketing services and marketing leadership for the college to accomplish the marketing needs of the college and structure the marketing framework and processes for the future.
Lamar Community College has operated with a Marketing Director and an outside marketing services firm for the past two years. After the resignation of the Marketing Director this spring, LCC has a desire to hire a marketing service firm to assist us in all of our marketing efforts rather than hiring a Marketing Director for a minimum of 6 months and with an option to extend beyond if services are meeting college needs.
Scope of Work:
LCC is soliciting proposals for marketing services and marketing leadership for the college to accomplish the marketing needs of the college and structure the marketing framework and processes for the future. Below is a list of things we need to accomplish during the length of the contract:
1) Enrollment Management – work with the enrollment committee to continually analyze LCC’s enrollment data, monitor current strategies and tactics, and develop new strategies and tactics for media plans as needed to generate enrollment and support retention.
2) Strategic Marketing Plan – coordinate the integration of a comprehensive marketing plan based on existing research with LCC’s enrollment management and strategic plans. Establish the framework for a comprehensive strategic and tactical marketing plan that includes measurement tactics to help the college achieve its goals, while also gaining awareness among prospective donors and community leaders in the region. Ensure these efforts position the college as a regional leader in higher education and economic development.
3) Advertising – LCC is accountable to its taxpayers, which is why every message must not only reach but resonate with the target audience the first time. To determine the best vehicle for promotion, first to evaluate the intended message and identify the goal.
From digital ads to traditional print ads, they must be scripted by the media vehicle. Ad copy must be supported by dynamic graphics to attract the reader, tell a story, and move a reader or viewer to action, all in a matter of seconds. Monitor all communication, and, where possible, closely track the ROI so the entire LCC team can see the gains the college is making. Using analytics, to quantify the effects of the marketing strategy and make changes as needed.
Create a media calendar that includes key dates for collateral development, media buying, and placement driven by LCC’s critical recruitment periods and an editorial outreach calendar that will support admissions, recruitment, and retention activities.
4) Media Buying, Placement, and Tracking – Ensure LCC is reaching its target audiences and using the most effective media mix to guarantee the highest return on investment. Track all digital media, make immediate changes as needed, and provide digital media reports during and after the campaigns.
5) Public and Media Relations – Provide public relations services. This includes writing, editing, and distribution of press releases and feature stories to promote the college, its programs and services, and the success of faculty, staff, and students.
6) Micro Campaigns – Undertake and complete micro-marketing campaigns for individual programs. This will include no cost and low-cost options and a media plan if a budget is indicated. Also, to create the plans, to work with the faculty, staff, and deans to implement the plans so as not to add to everyone’s workload.
7) Marketing Department – Work to rebuild the Marketing function and department, including intake/workflow processes. To create and re-create the Marketing department.
8) Graphic Design – Demonstrated experience in successfully telling the community college story through graphics and images.
9) Social Media – Ability to perform a social media audit to determine the current status and landscape of all LCC social media channels. Provide social media management services by helping with posting and tweeting.
10) Website Management – Services to review and identify outdated content, make changes, and write new content as needed. Coordinate with Colorado Community College System’s vendor (Vision Point) through the Lamar Community College and project manage any services they provide.
11) Real-time DigitalDashboard – Provide access to a real-time digital dashboard for use on all campaigns managed by the hired company.
12) Be available to remotely participate in the executive planning team, enrollment management, and other meetings with LCC.
13) Be accessible via phone, email, and text to resolve issues, provide responsive services, and function as LCC “Marketing Director” during the contracted period.
14) Assist with an emergency, primarily as a Public Information Officer.
15) Travel to LCC when requested and approved by LCC.
This project is managed and supervised by LCC’s President. Contractors will interview with LCC’s Executive Planning Team and other staff as appropriate.
LCC intends to hire a marketing director within six months of executing this contract but may choose to extend this contract instead of hiring personnel.
The contractor will be expected to provide the following deliverables:
Function as LCC’s Marketing Director during the contracted period and;
a. Provide information about current enrollment data and how LCC’s strategies and tactics are successful or unsuccessful. Development of new strategies and tactics as needed.
b. Coordinate the integration of a comprehensive marketing plan based on existing research with LCC’s enrollment management and strategic plans. Implement the plan.
c. Produce and execute advertising for the college, including, but not limited to digital ads, traditional print ads, dynamic graphics, etc. Create a media calendar to include key dates for advertising.
d. Track and report back on all digital media campaigns.
e. Write, edit and distribute press releases and featured stories to promote LCC.
f. Complete and implement micro-marketing campaigns for identified departments.
g. Develop and execute a rebuild of LCC’s marketing dept., processes, calendar, and toolkits.
h. Provide graphic design services.
i. Provide social media audit and management services. Manage official social media channels and messaging.
j. Website Management and Improvement.
k. Subscription to the real-time digital dashboard for all campaigns.
l. Participate remotely in key college meetings.
m. Serve as a Public Information Officer in the event of a campus emergency.
n. Travel to LCC when requested and approved by LCC.
o. Respond promptly to unforeseen marketing needs and provide proactive, responsive, cost-effective solutions.
June 6th, 2019.
Lamar Community College
ATTN: Ava Bair
2401 S. Main
Lamar, CO 81052
Top Public Relations News:
Utah Attempts to Gag the Porn Industry
Ten Tips for Successful Negotiating
How to Become a Creative Genius
NY PR Firm 5W Public Relations Breaks into Top 20 PR Agency Rankings
Weber Shandwick and Bitesize Gobble UK SME Market
Bill Blass Announces New Agency Hires
Congrats on the Promotion!
Media RFP Issued By Franklin County Public Health
Hilton Worldwide Appoints New Executive VP of Corporate Communications
Branding RFP Issued By University of Bath