The Town of Lisbon, Maine is seeking a branding agency. They have issued an RFP for a firm to develop a branding concept for the Town of Lisbon that can be used in all marketing materials including our website, printed materials, signage and other media. In Addition the firm will develop a website around that branding concept that can be subsequently serviced by Town personnel. The new site will replace the current site for the Town’s Economic Development efforts.
The Town of Lisbon is the third largest community in Androscoggin County with a population of 9,000, which borders Topsham/Brunswick (east) and Lewiston/Auburn (west) through Rt. 196. Lisbon also sits between two highways; Interstate 95 and Interstate 295.The town has a total area of 23.82 square miles of which 22.82 square miles is land and 1.00 square mile is water. Lisbon is drained by the Sabattus River, Little River and Androscoggin River.
The Town of Lisbon has developed a plan to both nurture local business and attract new investment to the area. Over time, this plan should:
- Provide for slow but stabilized and sustainable economic growth;
- Establish new ties to regional partners both in Lewiston/Auburn area and the MidCoast Region;
- Help reestablish the community as a place where young people can achieve career fulfillment and raise a family where children can be raised and not have to leave the region to get professional jobs. The new branding and website should reinforce this plan and also allow for better and more direct dissemination of Lisbon as a community in which to establish a business and/or raise a family.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
This project has been broken down into two distinct but related “tasks”. The two tasks are as follows:
- Branding and identitybuilding will be the first task;
- The website creation and hosting is the second
Branding and Identity Building
Develop a brand concept that is versatile and would be suitable for multiple applications utilizing the Town of Lisbon’ existing logo. Attention must be paid to the way the brand fits in with other Mid Coast and Androscoggin County regional branding. Create a tag line that is identifiable, memorable and in line with the goals of the Town of Lisbon’ goals. Consultant will work with Town professional staff to:
- Develop concepts, including colors and slogan, for review & selection.
- Create an administrative communication and marketing package that will be the Town’s economic development style guide. This shall include: colors, fonts, name, graphics, fact sheets, enewsletter template, PowerPoint template, Facebook cover design and other printed/electronic materials as needed.
- All art and collateral material must be provided in highresolution jpg and vector formats.
- Provide a definitive plan for brand introduction and management beyond the initial branding process.
Detailed strategies for implementation of the branding into these various materials will be included. Website Design, Development and Hosting
Create and host a website for the Town of Lisbon that will showcase the Town’s programs and activities. The overall design of the website should highlight relevant content (ED programs, local events, promotion, incentives, success stories, demographics, statistics, news, site selection tools, etc.)
The website should have welldesigned information architecture, a clean graphic look and feel, intuitive user navigation and should reflect the brand and goals of the Town of Lisbon.
Proposal due by Monday, March 20, 2017 to:
Tracey Steuber, Economic & Community Development
Director Town of Lisbon
300 Lisbon Street
Lisbon, ME 04250
2073533000 2073533007 (Fax)
Top Public Relations News:
Government of Newfoundland Issues Publicity RFP
Boardroom PR: PR Firm Profile
Maine Town Issues Branding RFP
Happenings From Omnicom PR, MWWPR, Edelman, Ogilvy Singapore, and MDC Partners
Department of the Army Issues RFP For Cyber School Marketing
Bad PR For A$AP Rocky From His Publicist
Strategic Communication Services RFP Issued For US Army Office of the Chief of Chaplains
Money and Lack of Understanding: Main Causes of Poor Online Measurement
What’s Good PR?
Yulu Public Relations Inc.: Award-Winning Agency