Marketing RFP Issued By Illinois Green Alliance
With this Request for Proposal (RFP), Illinois Green Alliance seeks to acquire the services of a qualified local Graphic Designer to support its marketing initiatives. Our goal is to advance the knowledge and awareness of green building throughout the Chicagoland area through increased community attendance at the GreenBuilt Home Tour. We plan to accomplish this through an updated website, social media graphics, improved communication tools, and general marketing support. We are looking for firms who have a passion for social good and are eager for the opportunity to work on a project that can help a local non-profit achieve a meaningful impact.
Founded in 2002, the Illinois Green Alliance is a non-profit working to promote green buildings and sustainable communities for all. Our members span the entire spectrum of professionals in the green building community and are driven by a belief that sustainable technology and building practices are key in strengthening neighborhoods and improving the quality of life for everyone.
Scope of Work:
Working in collaboration with Illinois Green Alliance staff, the marketing contract will update marketing materials and event website to increase community involvement and attendance of the tour.
Our marketing needs include:
- Updated sponsor graphic — website footer and sponsor page on the GreenBuilt Home Tour website. Also, a version that can be used in Constant Contact outreach. This is ongoing leading up to the tour.
- Website Support (Need by May 29 — though if possible, sooner)
- GreenBuilt Home Tour website support — Creating the 2020 featured homes page (you will need FTP login/pw for this). 2019 page for reference. Assist with updating home page scrolling graphics, both creating and swapping out.
- Update “Is there a Green Home on Your Block” graphic with the new tour dates — July 25 and July 26 (swap on home page)
- Update volunteer graphic to say “Volunteer for the 2020 tour” (swap on home & volunteer page)
- Update the sponsor graphic to say “Sponsor the 2020 tour” (swap on home & sponsor page)
- Updated Scrolling Graphics
- Create new graphics for the scrolling images on the website because the current graphics are very outdated.
- Update background image on home page
- Make other website updates to images and web design as you see fit.
- Social Media Buttons
- Update the Flickr button with our 2019 tour album
- There may be some additional ongoing updates leading up to the tour.
- Event Program — This year, we will have a primarily mobile program and some printed programs. This document includes home specific information, educational content, sponsor ads, and recognizes sponsors. Typically, about 12 pages and 5.5×8.5″ size (when folded). The change this year is that we hope to incorporate an “existing homes track” where the homes will need to be differentiated by color/look in some way from our typical homes on the tour. Need printed copies in office by July 15.
- Lawn Signs for Existing Homes Track — Updated sign graphic with coordinating color/look for the existing homes track. We usually purchase these through BuildASign. Need by June 26.
- GreenBuilt Home Tour Social media graphics — Images that can be posted to Facebook or Twitter each year (no dates) to market the tour.
If our budget permits we would potentially be interested in the items below. Please provide separate quotes for these items.
- T-shirt graphics — GreenBuilt Home Tour logo for the front, and home/sponsor recognition on the back (includes both logos and text). Need by June 28.
- Create ad(s) for features in local media: Crain’s, Tribune, Houzz, etc. TBD
*Logos, photos, and other content can be shared via box.net/DropBox.
Monday, March 31
Ashley Marinko, Program Associate
312-245-8300 x 206
Walker Sands is a Chicago based PR firm.