Marketing RFP Issued By NOVA PARKS Climb Upton Destination Attraction
NOVA Park invites proposals from qualified individuals or organizations to develop a promotions campaign and destination marketing services for a new park attraction being built in the spring of 2021 and opening in the summer of 2021 in Arlington, Virginia. The new CLIMB Upton aerial ropes course attraction will be located within Upton Hill Regional Park. The 27-acre park includes wooded open space, water park, batting cage and miniature golf course. Additional information about NOVA Parks and Upton Hill Regional Park can be found at NOVAParks.com. The 90-element climbing structure will provide 3 levels of obstacles, a viewing deck, unique themed elements including a “free fall” feature and multiple ziplines contained within the structure. Elements will offer varying levels of difficult with no set course allowing guests to explore the park at their own pace and comfort level. The climbing system allows guests to remain continuously attached to a safety cable at all times. The focus will be on daily admissions with opportunities to offer unique experiences, events, fitness and wellness programs, family fun, birthday parties, group outings and team building activities.
• The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority (NOVA Parks) is requesting proposals for Marketing and Promotional Services for a new destination park attraction.
• Sealed proposals for services must be received at the NOVA Parks Headquarters located at 5400 Ox Road, Fairfax Station VA 22039, no later than 2:00 pm EST, Friday, March 12, 2021. Proposals must be clearly marked “RFP – Marketing and Promotional Services – Upton Hill.”
• Any questions about the request for proposals must be submitted in writing by e-mail to Director of Park Operations, Chris Pauley, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions must be submitted no later than March 5, 2021.
The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority (NOVA Parks) is a governmental agency supported by six local government member jurisdictions. In the late 1950s, the Northern Virginia Planning District Commission and a group of citizens from several local jurisdictions came together to protect Northern Virginia’s rich heritage of woods, meadows, lakes and streams from the threat of suburban sprawl. These citizens, working with their local governments – Fairfax County, Arlington County, and the City of Falls Church – organized under the Virginia Park Authorities Act in 1959 as the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority. Today, NOVA Parks represents three counties and three cities – Arlington County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, the City of Alexandria, the City of Falls Church, and the City of Fairfax. NOVA Parks staff, volunteer Board members appointed from each jurisdiction and many friends of NOVA Parks working together, have preserved more than 12,200 acres within 33 regional park sites.
Scope of Work:
This request for proposals (RFP) is focused on obtaining professional promotions and destination marketing services for this new park feature with the goal of determining markets and driving visitation from the surrounding region for the initial opening and first year of operations. Offerors must be able to demonstrate measurable success in similar development projects, community, marketing campaigns on behalf of private enterprise or local governments. The project will focus on the development of CLIMB Upton’s brand identity and the development of a strategic, multi-faceted marketing plan that demonstrates cohesive messaging in advertising, promotions, and social media to drive visitation and to increase the overall awareness and visibility of Upton Hill Regional Park to the area.
• Relevant experience and qualifications of firm in the successful development of promotions and destination marketing plans.
• Concept plans detailing the proposed approach and implementation of a comprehensive marketing campaign designed to drive visitation to this new regional attraction during its first season of operation. Plan should include:
o Potential short/long term goals and tactics for maximizing growth and brand recognition.
o Methods for identifying a diverse set of target markets.
o Concepts around special promotions and potential ad-buys.
o Ideas for online/website promotional features. (Does not include web design services)
o Social media marketing strategy, including promotional e-marketing campaigns, contests, and a sample calendar of social postings through existing accounts.
o Ideas centered on arranging and implementing photographic and video shoots and content development.
o Process for assisting in the conceptional development of digital and print marketing collateral.
Nova Parks Climb Uptown
5400 Ox Road Fairfax Station, Virginia 22039
Relevant agencies to consider include Magrino Partners and MWW PR.