Media Buying RFP Issued By State of New Mexico
On behalf of Bernalillo County, the Procurement and Business Services Department Purchasing Section is soliciting proposals to provide Brand Identity Development.
It appears Bernalillo County was named for the town of Bernalillo, the original county seat. Records show that in 1849 the town of Bernalillo was one of the largest in the territory and housed the Circuit Court. The origin of the name Bernalillo is believed to be from the family name Bernal, original settlers of the village. The Territorial Legislature moved the Bernalillo County seat to Ranchos de Albuquerque in 1851 and required District Court to be held there. An 1853 recorded Oath of Office shows Lorenzo Montaño as the first Justice of the Peace (October 17, 1853), Henry Winslow as the County Clerk and Rafael Armijo as Probate Judge and Prefect. At that time the Prefect was the highest ranking County official. Albuquerque did not become the permanent County Seat until 1883.
1849 records show the town of Bernalillo as the first County Seat housing the Circuit Court. The Territorial Legislature moved the Bernalillo County seat to Ranchos de Albuquerque in 1851 and required District Court hearings to be held there. In 1854, the legislature transferred the County Seat to Albuquerque’s Old Town, where the Armijo’s adobe hacienda served as the County headquarters until 1878. During a bitter election in 1878 the County Seat was returned to the town of Bernalillo and remained there until May of 1883. Albuquerque became the permanent County Seat May 15, 1883 with offices in the home of Ambrosio Armijo at Old Town Plaza and later in the Meddler Building on South Second Street until the beautiful gray stone courthouse was built in 1886. The current Bernalillo County Courthouse was built in 1926 and at one time housed all county offices, including the jail. Today (2015), the courthouse is used for county staff offices.
This courthouse was built in 1926 with bricks imported from Colorado. Built in the center of its own park, the symmetrical design gave the building a Grecian, temple of justice effect. During the national urban renewal movement, the courthouse was renovated and refinished with sheets of marble to update its look in 1964.
Scope of Work:
This scope of work is to provide brand identity development.
Submission of Proposal – Due to COVID-19 restrictions enacted by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham on March 23, 2020, Bernalillo County has now closed a majority of its facilities to the public until further notice. As a result the Purchasing Section will only be accepting responses to any formal solicitations via an electronic drop box. All Offeror proposals must be received for review and evaluation, no later than 4:00 PM Mountain Standard Time on November 13, 2020, via an electronic drop box. Please upload your submittal to the following Vendor Document Uploader Website:
4:00 PM Mountain Standard Time on November 13, 2020
Procurement & Business Services One Civic Plaza NW, 10th Floor, Suite 10010 Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102 Office: (505) 468-7013 Fax: (505) 468-7083 www.bernco.gov
Relevant agencies to consider include Prosek Partners and Magrino PR.