Media Monitoring RFP Issued By Government of Newfoundland
The Communications and Public Engagement Branch of Executive Council (the Branch) manages the Provincial Government’s corporate communications function and coordinates communications activities across government. The Branch invites tenders to provide media monitoring services to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador (GNL) on an as and when required basis. The objective of this service is to provide media monitoring which includes daily media headline custom reports and talk radio summaries, as well as transcripts and audio/video clips, of media stories on demand. The successful proponent will be responsible for monitoring provincial media (radio and TV) outlets and providing custom reports and on demand transcription services.
The Public Procurement Agency is the central procurement unit of the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, with the responsibility for managing the procurement process on behalf of all government departments. The Agency advertises open calls and resulting awards relating to commodities under the Public Procurement Act and are made available free of charge.
Scope of Work:
Services provided by the successful proponent will include:
· On a daily basis custom reports of headlines from provincial media (radio and TV) outlets. These reports should be received four (4) times daily, contain itemized headlines and cover the following radio and television outlets. Weekend coverage of media will be provided via email by 9:00 a.m. Monday:
o CBC radio St. John’s, Central, West Coast and Labrador morning shows covering 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., Monday to Friday
o CBC radio news – morning, lunchtime and evening
o CBC radio shows including Radio Noon, Crosstalk, On the Go and The Broadcast – Monday to Friday
o VOCM morning show covering 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., Monday to Friday
o VOCM radio news – morning, lunchtime and evening
o VOCM radio shows – Open Line, On Target – Monday to Friday
o CBC TV News Newfoundland and Labrador – 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday;
o NTV News St. John’s – Noon and 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and weekends; Issues and Answers, Sunday, 12:00 p.m.
· Transcription services for the Branch and government departments on demand;
· Video and audio clips of news items on demand.
· Custom notes on VOCM Open Line. – Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. These notes should be provided in real-time and be distributed to individuals within government as identified by the Branch.
· Ability to access and provide national media coverage on demand.
· Ability to produce a rush written transcript within 2 hours and rush audio/video clip within 30 minutes from time of order.
2.0 Specific Service Requirements
· The proponent shall have a minimum of one year experience providing media monitoring services and shall provide an overview of such experience.
· The proponent shall identify if any elements of the work required will be subcontracted to other firms.
· Fees must remain firm during the term of the contract.
· The proponent must provide full contact information.
· The monitoring services will be provided via email to the Communications and Public Engagement Branch which will liaise with other Government of Newfoundland and Labrador departments regarding the provision of monitoring services by the successful proponent.
The Communications and Public Engagement Branch does not bind itself to accept the lowest priced submission or any submission received through this Invitation to Tender
6/23/20 4:00 PM
Public Procurement Agency
30 Strawberry Marsh Road
St. John’s, NL A1B 4R4
Tel: (709) 729-3348