Media RFP Issued By San Bernardino County
The County of San Bernardino (County), through its Workforce Development Board (WDB) and the Workforce Development Department (WDD), is seeking proposals from interested and qualified Proposers to provide Professional Communications and Media Coordination Services to the San Bernardino County Workforce Development Department (WDD); subject to Title I of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). By submitting a proposal hereunder, Proposer(s) agree to be bound by the federal terms and conditions which may be imposed as a condition of the receipt of funding, which are incorporated by this reference as though set forth fully herein. Proposers shall be responsible for reviewing the terms and conditions and will be deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions without exception through the submission of a proposal in response to this RFP.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is designed to strengthen and improve our nation’s public workforce system. The law focuses on helping Americans, including youth and those with significant barriers to employment, gain access to high-quality jobs and careers. Thus, employers are able to hire and retain skilled workers. Because funding is provided through WIOA, the successful Proposer shall be required to comply with any and all laws made applicable because of the WIOA funding. The San Bernardino County Workforce Development Board (WDB) partners with local businesses and educators whose focus is to ensure that the residents of San Bernardino County have the skills, training, and education to achieve their career goals and that employers are able to hire, develop and retain a competitive workforce. These partnerships have been strengthened with the signing and implementation of the America’s Job Center of California (AJCC) System Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) which detail partner roles, services, referral, information sharing and protocols. Further, the AJCC System MOUs focus on the sustainability and strength of the workforce development system through resource sharing and joint infrastructure funding. The MOUs guide the AJCC System partnerships in the implementation of core programs and services. AJCC System Partners will provide access to the full range of WIOA services through co-location, cross information sharing, direct access through email, and/or identification of single point of contacts at each system partner location.
Scope of Work:
The San Bernardino County Workforce Development Department (WDD) is seeking proposals to provide the following scope of Business Services within in each of the County’s Supervisorial Districts and to assist in the economic recovery of the COVID-19 pandemic intended to create a more accessible, employer-driven, and advanced Countywide workforce development system.
1) Raising the profile of the San Bernardino County Workforce Development Board (WDB) by gaining media coverage.
2) Creating and distributing press releases and relevant press information developed about the WDB announcing specific events, initiatives and milestones. 3) Utilizing web and social media channels in order to raise awareness about the WDB and its work.
4) Arranging for key media, reporters and editors to attend and cover WDB events.
5) Coordinate media coverage and distribution of workforce-related issues/information to media outlets.
6) Developing opinion pieces regarding workforce issues for publication in local and regional newspapers, business journals and trade publications.
7) Implementing within the WDB a “news bureau” feature that tracks trends developing in media regarding workforce issues, and inject the WDB’s opinion and information into developing stories
8) Conducting media mining to assist the WDB in its positioning and effective message delivery.
9) Obtaining recognition for initiatives that the WDB is involved with and manages.
10) Preparing and present quarterly updates to the WDB.
11) Coordinating and arrange monthly meetings with WDB to provide updates and discuss future work.
12) Preparing and present annual success report and advertising value equivalency report. * Proposers will identify in their proposal a detailed plan to achieve these deliverables. *
Tuesday, March 30, 2021 11:00 AM PST
San Bernardino County Workforce Development Board Workforce Development Department Attn: Henry Nickel 290 North D Street, Suite 600 San Bernardino, CA 92415 (909) 387- 9835 Phone Henry.email@example.com Email
Relevant agencies include Prosek Partners and Finn Partners.