Minnestar Issues Branding RFP
Since 2006, Minnestar has been acting as a catalyst for the tech and startup ecosystem in Minnesota. The organizations goal is to promote connections that help the community learn from each other, build their businesses, and start new entrepreneurial ventures. They aim to bridge the gap between software developers, designers, entrepreneurs, investors, and local companies.
The organization has issued an RFP for a brand review & website redesign. The primary audience are those working in or investing in the Minnesota tech industry software developers, designers, entrepreneurs, investors, and local companies. Secondary audience are sponsors or potential sponsors.
New Branding and Website Objectives
The brand needs to communicate who Minnestar is and what we do for the tech and startup community. They want a clear message and consistency across our different brand elements from our website to our community emails announcing events. An updated website first and foremost needs to present the organization as a leader in the tech and startup community.
The Minnestar online experience consists of multiple sites:
- the minnestar.org website is a core marketing website with information about the organization, events, and sponsors/supporters
- a wiki which contains more detailed information
- the MinneBar schedule and session submitter
Scope of Work
Brand Guide Requirements
A new brand guide:
- Provide clear understanding of the minnestar brand
- Clearly articulate mission and vision
- Provide direction to designers and content creators how to reference the brand
New Website Functionality Requirements
New website will need:
- An easytouse content management system (CMS)
- Intuitive navigation
- Clean and focused design
- All applicable content imported from current site
- Optimized with SEO best practices
- Clear path to conversion/lead generation (Community Supporters, Sponsors)
- A blog
- Social media integration (share buttons, follow buttons, etc.)
- Email update signup form
- A focus on driving Sponsorships, Event Attendance/Participation, Community Supporters
Proposal due by December 10 to:
2186 Mailand Rd. E.
St. Paul, MN 55119