Ottawa Issues Marketing RFP
Ottawa County, on behalf of the Ottawa County Department of Public Health’s joint collaborative with Ottawa Food, is soliciting proposals from experienced and qualified firm(s) to provide marketing services including market/business research and assessment, campaign development, branding, strategic planning, asset deployment, stakeholder engagements and presentations (written and in-person). The awarded vendor will be responsible to work in collaboration with Ottawa Food for all services offered under the term of this agreement.
Ottawa Food is a collaboration of more than 45 local
agencies and individuals that exists to ensure all Ottawa County residents have
access to healthy, local, and affordable food choices. Members represent a
variety of sectors; including public health, food pantries, human service
organizations, health care, community, food security, farming, education, and
more. Ottawa Food focuses efforts on three main priority areas:
• Eliminating Hunger in Ottawa County
• Encouraging Healthy Eating by All
• Increasing the Sourcing of Local Food Ottawa Food implements a variety of initiatives (using local food whenever possible) to increase the number of Ottawa County residents who have enough to eat, and to increase fruit and vegetable consumption among Ottawa County residents. One goal in the 2019-2021 Ottawa Food Strategic Plan is to “develop and disseminate a unified message around healthy eating.” Research indicates that only 17.6% of adults and 26.5% of youth in Ottawa County consume 5 or more fruit and vegetable servings per day. Therefore, Ottawa Food will partner with a local marketing firm to implement a public awareness/marketing campaign using creative and strategic means. Educational messages encouraging fruit and vegetable consumption will be developed and then disseminated through a variety of methods, which may include but are not limited to print, social media, online, billboards, restroom ads, etc. Messages will address the barriers to fruit and vegetable consumption that have been identified through local research. Ottawa Food has engaged a local marketing firm that up to this point has been paid by donation through an Ottawa Food partner. This firm has worked with the group to develop a tag line to communicate the benefits of eating real food to the Ottawa Food target audience. All final creative assets, written content, or other unique assets developed are the sole property of Ottawa Food, and the firm holds no copyrights or trademarks to any of them. Native design files, code, and raw video footage shall remain the property of the marketing firm. Any awarded vendor will be expected to incorporate all parts of the developed marketing into future campaign(s) and/or branding initiatives, as available. Unique assets and marketing materials developed by the firm will not be made available for the purposes of this RFP process.
Scope of Work:
Ottawa County, on behalf of the Ottawa County Department of
Public Health’s joint collaborative with Ottawa Food, is soliciting proposals
from experienced and qualified firm(s) to provide marketing services including
but not limited to: market/business research and assessment, campaign
development, branding, strategic planning, asset deployment, stakeholder
engagements and presentations (written and in-person). The awarded vendor will
be responsible to work in collaboration with Ottawa Food for all services
offered under the term of this agreement and must meet all vendor
qualifications as described below.
A. Professional experience working
with public-sector entities including county or other local municipal
governmental units and small- to mid-sized non-profit organizations;
B. A professional marketing firm with demonstrated experience and success in the research and development of public-awareness and/or health-promotional projects or campaigns;
C. Demonstrated experience and
success working with large stakeholder groups to deliver a unified, cohesive
message or outcome;
D. Established a professional network within the local community (greater West Michigan area).
Within the term of this agreement, awarded vendor to provide
to Ottawa Food, at a minimum, the following:
1. Ongoing market and business
research/assessment and general reporting;
2. Vendor representative to
regularly attend meetings and maintain consistent communication with Ottawa
Food marketing committee;
3. Ongoing concept design and
strategic planning consultation and support.
Friday, January 3, 2020, by 2:00 P.M
5WPR and Hunter PR are strong food and beverage PR firms.