The Communications and Community Relations Division is seeking economic development and public relations services for the Port of Long Beach.
The Port of Long Beach’s mission, as defined in its Strategic Plan, is as follows: “The Port of Long Beach is an international gateway for the reliable, efficient and sustainable movement of goods for the benefit of our local and global economies.” Recognized worldwide as the Green Port of the Future, the Port of Long Beach is one of the world’s leading full‐service seaports, a major gateway for trade between the United States and Asia, and the first stop for many of the things that we buy and use every day – from clothing and televisions to cars and shoes. As the second‐busiest container port in the United States and the 20th‐busiest in the world, the Port of Long Beach supports 30,000 jobs in the City of Long Beach, 300,000 jobs in Southern California and a total of 1.4 million jobs nationally.
The Port is governed by the City of Long Beach’s Board of Harbor Commissioners, and managed by the staff of the Long Beach Harbor Department. The Port operates as a landlord, which develops shipping terminals and leases them to its customers. Port funding is generated through the leasing of these terminals to private shipping lines and terminal operators. Local taxpayers do not pay for Port operations or the salaries of Port employees. For the 2019 fiscal year, the Port’s budget is $982 million.
Scope of Work:
The Communications and Community Relations Division is seeking the following services:
- Assist in pitching stories to national and international reporters/media outlets.
- Arrange interviews locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Organize media tours for national reporters to visit the Port and for Port officials to visit with national reporters.
- Advise Port officials on high‐profile media issues, messaging, and additional marketing opportunities.
- Help develop a social/digital media strategy to expand our global reach.
- Provide general public relations counsel and assist with return on investment tracking and opportunities for media exposure.
January 31st, 2019.
Strong California PR firms include Zeno Group & Edelman PR.
Top Public Relations News:
Powering PRogress: PRSA International Conference
The IRS Mismanagement of Public Relations Crisis
What Bayer Bringing Marketing In-House Means for Other Companies
California State University, Fullerton Issues Marketing RFP
Ohlone Community College District Seeks Digital Agency
County of Maui Marketing Sought
Top Parenting Influencers
Market Research RFP Issued By Florida Municipal Power Agency
Chemistry PR: Accelerating Business with Vibrant Public Relations
MGY NJF Continues to Lead the Travel Sector