Job of the Day: Public Relations Pro for World Vision
World Vision is looking for a seasoned Public Relations pro to join the International News team.
World Vision is looking for a seasoned PR professional to increase awareness of World Vision’s work among the public and corporate officers and employees through the print and broadcast news media.
The PR will be managing media relationships, developing media relations materials and counseling leadership and staff on media matters. Salary details have not been disclosed, but the position is offered for indefinite term, full time.
Candidates are required to have minimum 5-8 years experience in PR, journalism, corporate communications, client relations or related field; as well as Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field.
Position will focus on a minimum of 5 of the key responsibilities listed below:
- Set strategic direction for engaging media in coordination with senior leadership.
- Define short- and long-term media relation’s goals, recommending programs and activities to meet those goals.
- Develop and write media relation’s materials for publication at the national level.
- Build and nurture strategic relationships with reporters, editors and producers of major U.S.-based print and broadcast news organizations with the goal of having World Vision ‘top of mind’ when these journalists are considering covering issues or events related to humanitarian needs, resulting in significant placement of WVUS stories.
- Create and develop strategic relationships with corporate public relations and community relations staff with the goal of deepening the long-term value of the donor and ensuring that revenue goals are met.
- Manage the overall coordination, status reporting and stability of media relations campaigns or project-oriented work efforts, ensuring that project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope and resource requirements.
- Conduct research on various topics as required, providing analysis and recommendations to Media Relations team and/or senior leadership as needed.
- Plan and oversee strategic promotional events/campaigns in order to increase media coverage.
- Serve as World Vision spokesperson on a variety of sensitive issues as needed.
- Provide advanced media training and strategic advise to senior leadership regarding how to effectively engage the media.
- Prepare and monitor departmental budget.
- Conduct risk analysis on sensitive World Vision programs and projects providing findings and recommendations to senior leadership on potential media related issues and necessary corporate communications.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as a member of a team.
To apply, contact Leslie Annis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to World Vision official job site for more information.